Ultralight Ultralight Rifles

OP
T

Thegman

WKR
I just checked my email, my 6x45 suppressor was approved this morning! I have to reload my ammo from Saturday. The folding stock may be important sooner than later. I made 3 out of 5 hits on the plate at 600 yards, I hope my load doesn’t have to change!
A couple videos or it never happened! 😅

Taudisio

WKR
How big are those plates? Really cool to watch the bullet dropping in. Shows how fast a bullet is dropping that far out.

That rifle is a keeper for sure.
Those plates are at the public range, and I’ve never gone past the 300 yard line. I’m 95% sure the straps are 2” wide. So 6-8” and I lean towards 8” as my best guess.

Taudisio

WKR
Damn...damn great shooting 👍
The plates are really small when looking through the 5x prism after checking the spotting scope. My buddy thought I was crazy taking it out for deer and bears, until he shot it and was making hits on the small plate at 300 yards.
He remarked, “That’s a 400 yard rifle in my hands. That’s crazy.”

The shop owner/operator I bought the suppressor through has Covid. It looks like Wednesday will be suppressor day. 😭

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I can't stop fiddling with optics. Put the PA GLX 1X microprism on it. That's what I wanted since like January when I started this project, but PA just wouldn't release it. It shaved around 6oz from the 1.5-4 Leupold (with lens caps) in an Aero mount. Getting back to 4.5lbs with mag and sling. PXL_20240917_203854037~2.jpg

Taudisio

WKR
I can't stop fiddling with optics. Put the PA GLX 1X microprism on it. That's what I wanted since like January when I started this project, but PA just wouldn't release it. It shaved around 6oz from the 1.5-4 Leupold (with lens caps) in an Aero mount. Getting back to 4.5lbs with mag and sling. View attachment 765578
Looks awesome!

What are the differences between the SLX and the GLX?

I couldn’t stand it and picked up the suppressor today and shot a few rounds on the way home.

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I think the main difference is ultimately this has push buttons and the slx has a rotary dial. This has a little bigger window. Supposedly this has better eye relief but I think the slx has plenty.

Taudisio

WKR
IMG_4002.jpegIMG_4001.jpeg
Unloaded vs loaded with 10 rounds.

I was planning on swapping the aluminum buffer tube for carbon fiber DIY, but the balancing point is at the black screws in the forearm and I am torn. I would like a little shorter LOP, but I don’t want to mess up the balancing point. I’m also debating on whether I should paint the can or not.

I will say the suppressor helped with recoil, A LOT. It sounds like a shotgun with a 32”+ long barrel if that makes sense. Still loud and a boom, but not “ring your ears” loud and no concussion. According to the 10” rock I shot 5 times at about 80 yards, my POI was still on. Some paper at the range and some long range plate shooting is in order at some point this week. Pretty stoked to have a suppressed, hunting ready rifle, under 5 pounds.

Taudisio

WKR
I put another 20 rounds through it on the mountain this afternoon between the rain (no ear pro!). POI was about 4” low. Velocity stayed at 2700 and I shot two 5 round groups about 2”, leaning on the truck bed, which was about what I was dancing on the target. The recoil has gone from a snappy punch to a push which is fantastic and I was able to spot impacts (and hear them!) on a rock face at 650 yards. The shot report was a lot less when I wasn’t in thick timber. I’ll try to get it on sand bags tomorrow morning.

Lentuk

FNG
I am rounding up parts for my build, I had the 3-9x40 Accupoint and just got the AP mount.
What kind of weight are people getting for scopes and rings/basses?
20240918_125114.jpg

OP
T

Thegman

WKR
Not trying to take away from @Lentuk question (mine weighs around 9oz), but I just got back from shooting. Thank the lord I don’t have to find a new load! Adjusted my zero and I was back at ‘er.

View attachment 766097
View attachment 766100

That's fantastic shooting...and you even killed the plate. I'm betting you're going to find you're taking them big heavy bolt rifles into the field less and less...you built a better mousetrap!

Taudisio

WKR
That's fantastic shooting...and you even killed the plate. I'm betting you're going to find you're taking them big heavy bolt rifles into the field less and less...you built a better mousetrap!
Two weeks and I’ll be chasing deer with it. We will see how the little 87grainers do on both tags.

I’ve decided I’m going to paint the can too. Hopefully it doesn’t get too hot, but spray paint is cheap.