Ultralight Saw Option

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
I see it now, thank you!

yeah sorry didn't see your post before. Just emailed him and he responded pretty quick, not sure what the time difference is over there, but should have tracking #'s tomorrow.

my buddy and I had an interesting time trying to cap a deer a couple weeks ago and hoping this is a much better option, and so light I'll probably carry it in the field.

sivart

WKR
have a 170MM handle ordered. Which blade to you recommend for skull capping, while still being able to cut wood.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use two blades- for wood- Large teeth, for bone- Fine teeth

Possibly something in between for both????

sivart

WKR
went ahead and bought the fine teeth. I just ordered the whole damn saw, since it was $5 more than just the blade......

For anyone wondering, I ordered the Silky Pocketboy with a fine blade. It cut through a Whitetails skull with no issues. Still considering if I really need to save the weight and buy a new handle from Jan.
Where are the rest of you buying your replacement blades from? I'd like to get a large tooth to swap out for cutting wood. For the prices I've seen on Amazon, ebay, and Silky, I might as well buy a whole new saw with the large teeth.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
there used to be a business from Japan that sold blades relatively reasonably priced on eBay; I don't think they are there anymore

it might be possible to peruse eBay Japan and see if there are any willing sellers that would ship?

it stands to reason they sell cheaper there, as that's where they are made

there used to be a business from Japan that sold blades relatively reasonably priced on eBay; I don't think they are there anymore

it might be possible to peruse eBay Japan and see if there are any willing sellers that would ship?

it stands to reason they sell cheaper there, as that's where they are made
Great idea, but a quick search for eBay Japan resulted in me learning that eBay is banned in Japan, and has been for some years now. I tried Wish, on a whim, and no luck with that either. Looks like I'll just have to dish out some cash for another (expensive) blade.

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered (2) 170mm handles from Jan in November. Jan shipped the handles very quickly however they became lost somehwere between the Czech and US. After waiting 2 months Jan was nice enough to send me a second set at no charge. These took about a month to get in. Well low and behold the first set of handles was located and delivered.

Jan was awesome to deal with, very responsive and told me go ahead and hold onto the extra set of handles. That said I don't need the second set of handles. If anyone wants to pay for shipping for me to send them a handle and pay $35 PayPal to Jan that would be great. Or if anyone is in Northern CO Front Range that wants to pick up a handle even better. Shoot me a PM if anyone needs a handle.

I ordered (2) 170mm handles from Jan in November. Jan shipped the handles very quickly however they became lost somehwere between the Czech and US. After waiting 2 months Jan was nice enough to send me a second set at no charge. These took about a month to get in. Well low and behold the first set of handles was located and delivered.

Jan was awesome to deal with, very responsive and told me go ahead and hold onto the extra set of handles. That said I don't need the second set of handles. If anyone wants to pay for shipping for me to send them a handle and pay $35 PayPal to Jan that would be great. Or if anyone is in Northern CO Front Range that wants to pick up a handle even better. Shoot me a PM if anyone needs a handle.
I wish I could find replacement blades for as cheap as Jan's handles!!

I ordered (1) 170mm handle and (1) 130mm handle from Jan. I just received them and I am not going to end up using the 130mm handle. If anyone wants it, it is theirs for what I paid ($35).
Do you still have the 130 handle for sale?

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
0utle