Ultralight Camp Set up

I just find it to be more work then I want to do to clean my cup, cleaning oatmeal from a cup in the cold and dark when I want to be getting to a spot is no fun. For me it is not that’s its unsanitary.
Agreed. Cleaning is a pain, ends up on my sleeves, wasting water or fuel to boil it out clean, carrying something extra to wipe it out. Also just don’t like floaters and Alfredo aftertaste with my morning coffee 😂 I’ll still sleep in the dirt and eat with bloody hands though

After something like oatmeal, I put about 4 oz of water in there, swirl it around, and drink it. It's not a waste of water because I need to drink it anyway. And then about 5 seconds of wiping with a microfiber towel. You spend more than 5 seconds unpacking and repacking a second cup, and you gotta carry it everywhere. To each is own, but I do it this way because it's the most logical thing to do. For sure I don't dump my Mountain House chili in my cup, I eat that out of the bag. But like ramen and oatmeal, oh yeah.

JD Jones

WKR
Another vote for pocket rocket. Used one since 2007 probably. Used to use a multi fuel pump stove but favor a simple ti pot and the PR. I never cook in the pot. Coffee sometimes but never food.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Snow Peak Gigapower is a much better stove then a Pocket Rocket (I have owned both). Toaks makes grwat Ti cookware.

That said, a Jetboil works better up high with wind, enough so that I carry one now.