Tuning tweak, will it work?

Cmb213

FNG
Bowtech Solution SS, 30" draw, 70lbs
Carbon express maxima red 350 spine
430 grain total weight with 125g hellrazor broadheads

I have my bow paper tuned with a nice bullet hole but my QAD rest is very close but not touching the riser and my cams are just about all the way to the right (when looking at the bow as the shooter. My sight picture is partially obscured by the cables at full draw and there is very minor fletching contact with the cables. If I move the rest AND the cams left the same amount (will have to be tinkered with obviously) but in theory i should be able to shift everything left a little and maintain a proper bullet hole? It's a matter of the rest and cams being in line with each other, not necessarily in line with the riser or limbs? Or is my thought process off here? Thanks!

If you move cams left, that will cause a paper nock right tear. Paper right tear is rest corrected by moving rest to left.

In short, yes you should be able to move rest and cams left.

If it were me, I’d move rest to center shot 13/16” and then move cams to get the bullet hole. That means moving rest left till you are at 13/16” and cams left the amount needed to get said bullethole…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Cmb213

Cmb213

FNG
I'll look into the spine, the manufacturers charts had me at a 350 but I thought it sounded odd

sndmn11

WKR
Reset the cams to center, put the rest at center and don't move it from there, use the cams from there.

Use the deadlock to put cam lean into the system by moving them opposite each other.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
I'll look into the spine, the manufacturers charts had me at a 350 but I thought it sounded odd
Keep in mind the poundage figure for those charts is usually an "adjusted" value based on DL, IBO, cam setup, etc. You Def should be shooting a 300.

Edit: You're close to the edge and I always will take the heavier shaft if I'm near the edge of a spine on an arrow chart.

I think you want a stiffer shaft, their 350 is an actual .342 deflection (spine) unless you have them cut short. I would try something stiffer after resetting your QAD to center (13/16” i think) and tune the cams from there. Or just to check you could reset center and lower poundage and go with100 g up front.

OP
Cmb213

Cmb213

FNG
Thanks for all the replies! I moved the rest back to center, reset the cams to factory default and tuned with the cams instead of the rest. Everything is working nicely now, shooting bullet holes through paper, no cables in my sight picture either. I did order some 300 spine arrows as well. I'm shooting 29" arrows and I agree with what's been said above and I'd rather be on the cautious side and have a stiffer arrow.