Tune question

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All,

I’ve run across a tune issue I haven’t been able to nail down. Listed below are my setup specs:
Hoyt Nitrum 34
29” Draw
65lb
Victory RIP 300 27” with standard insert/outsert

I tunes this setup and yoke adjusted to get a good bullet hole with 175 grain point weight. I had to induce positive cam lean to papertune. I then bareshafted at 20 and was about an inch right. I then tried at 30 and was consistently 8” right of my fletched arrows. I tried adjusting the rest away from the riser (left) with no measurable change. I then tried a 145 gr point weight and again no change.

I’ve never had this issue and have always been able to get bareshaft a in a 2” group with fletching at 30. Seems like any adjustments I make are not changing the GAP between fletched and bare shaft.

PMcGee

WKR
Move your rest towards the riser. Bareshaft right would be nock left. Or more cam lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yep, move your rest towards the riser and then re-yoke tune if needed......but depends on where your rest is set to start with. Depending on how much cam lean you put in it with your paper tune, taking the cam lean back out with yoke tuning with BS's may fix the problem.

OP
Hoyts n Mulies

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
I had my rest as close to the riser as I wanted at 3/4" off the riser but I went back to the yoke tune as you guys mentioned and took out a half turn that I had put in and that worked. Bareshafts are good out to 40 now and landing in my fletched groups. Thanks for the tips guys!

OP
Hoyts n Mulies

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. I started by taking out 1.5 turns and it moved the bareshaft about 6" left of center. I then put one twist back in and it brought the bareshaft back into the group.