Truck tire question for you all

I tried to save some money this time and went Toyo AT3.
It’s interesting how different experiences can be with tires. I have the Toyo AT3 on my Tundra and they are great in the snow.

I also had a set of BFG KO2 on a Dodge Cummins and they were fantastic in the snow, but only lasted about 30k. Just like every other tire on that truck.

At3 on my last Cummins were the worst tire I’ve ever ran in the rain. Current set is Toyo and not impressed. Will either throw on duratracs or falkens when it’s time for new ones.

It’s weird to see different experiences with tire wear.

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins and have never gotten less than 65k out of a set of BFG Trail T/A (OEM tire got 76k out of them) BFG T/A KO2 (68k) Toyo AT2 (replaced 2 full sets under warranty due to belt separation).

The Toyo AT/2 was the absolute worst tire I’ve ever run. Between replacing 2 full sets in less than 50k miles due to belt separation and the HORRIBLE wet weather traction I’ll never buy another set of Toyos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Put Falken wildpeaks on my truck yesterday. They look good and felt good on ride home.

Replaced Toyo open country. They were fantastic tires and I got 60k miles on a half ton truck. They had really jumped in price so I got the falken for about 400 less.

sndmn11

WKR
I just got some E KO3s for my 1500 Ram. I'm hopeful....
Id had P Michelin ltx forever since that truck was a daily driver, but they weren't durable offroad.

I might have a 10% rebate secret link and code if I didn't throw it away.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
Running Mickey Thompson Baja boss at’s for the last 2 years. Have 30k on them now. Great tire for off road and on road. Here in the UP snow is always an issue and they’ve performed great in snow and ice. I’ve had bfgs, stt pros, and duratracs. I like these best followed by duratracs.
7ee30da9605ce314fdf2502a71313678.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orlando

FNG
Getting ready to replace the Toyo AT3's on my wife's F150 at about 40,000 miles. They would probably go another 10 or 15k as have been rotated regularly and are wearing evenly. HOWEVER - they are very Noisy! I hate them. Deciding on BFG K03's, a cheaper AT of some kind, or going with Michelin LTX's which would be very quiet and better gas mileage. Decisions decisions...

Went with Cooper Discoverer AT 3 XLTs. They have 60k warranty so we'll see how they do this fall and winter. I'm sure most tire fare well in their first year. I'm interested to see how they handle after a 2nd and 3rd season and how they will wear.

Last edited:
OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Getting a set of yokohama Geolander AT-Xd tires this sat.

180ls1

WKR
Getting ready to replace the Toyo AT3's on my wife's F150 at about 40,000 miles. They would probably go another 10 or 15k as have been rotated regularly and are wearing evenly. HOWEVER - they are very Noisy! I hate them. Deciding on BFG K03's, a cheaper AT of some kind, or going with Michelin LTX's which would be very quiet and better gas mileage. Decisions decisions...

You'll be happy with the LTX.

I came from more aggressive all terrains on my last two sets but was swayed by a deal (Kumho Krugen, Michelin Defender twin) and I had totally forgotten how much quieter and pleasant they are. They don't look as cool and 1% of the time in mud they are worse but for the other 99% of the time they are a superior tire.

sndmn11

WKR
We have been constant LTX purchasers for my 1500 ram and a Grand Cherokee for well over a decade. Several sets between the two and their performance on pavement in snow/ice was great. However, I loved buying them for the 70k warranty and then trading them in around 30k due to excessive wear to 4/32". The Ram so far has seen the same mpg with the E rated KO3s as it did with the same size P LTXs.

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
I have a lifted Toyota Tundra with 35 12.5 R20s. I put a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3s on there at 48,018 miles. I'm currently at 137,744, almost 90K miles. Tires still have decent tread and I'm hoping to get 100k out of them. I rotate them every 5k miles when I change the oil.

elktacos

FNG
Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT from Discount Tire surprised me. I didn't do any research, just got what I thought was a cheaper AT. I will buy them again. Quiet, good in snow and offroad, 90k+ miles and plenty of tread left. I'm sure there are better tires out there but very happy with these.