Truck Questions

Just ordered a retrax pro xr for my truck. I like the idea of being able to put yaks, bikes, ect on top the bed and still have it closed and locked. You give up a little space in the front of the bed for the can...but I have trailers if needed.

ericbeb

FNG
I have an undercover armorflex cover on my truck I really like it so far and have had it for two years with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I like camper shells/toppers. I also have a 12' utility trailer if I need to haul something that won't fit with the shell on.
I had a Decked drawer system for about a year and ended up taking it out and selling it. While nice and pretty well made, it just took up too much cube space for the convenience it offered. Also, my dog crates wouldn't fit...
+1. ARE topper on my truck. I have a 5x8 utility trailer to haul gear and coolers. I opted not to get the Decked system because of the space issue. I have dog kennels too and only a 5 ft bed. I need all the room I can get. I like to keep it simple.

jge340456

FNG
last truck i had a leer topper and current truck i have the high rise ARE topper and love it. so much nicer getting stuff in and out. still sometimes tall items dont fit and use a trailer then. can haul 2 full size dirt bikes if put them in backwards and slightly compress the suspension with a strap. will never own a standard height topper again
0EE86744-54F6-4D98-8689-F1ADA8D2AFEA.jpeg

Im really happy with my setup but its kinda spendy, i didn't buy the ARE topper the same year as the lift system. The lift system is called the topper ez lift. If it was available when i got the canipy id have gotten the metal smartcap one instead for sure

Attachments

• 20220120_091629.jpg
    20220120_091629.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220120_092325.jpg
    20220120_092325.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220120_091820.jpg
    20220120_091820.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 41
I like my snugtop, Sportsman package with the 500lb cap Roof for when I haul stuff on the racks. The side flip up windoors were worth the money for access to the front without unloading the back. I do miss being able to haul taller stuff in an open bed sometimes and thought about getting a soft folding shell but I work around it and like being able to keep stuff dry and reasonably locked up. I looked into the decked system but the amount of wasted space vs the actual amount of storage wasn’t even close. I could fit everything that fits in the drawers into a couple of $10 totes and not be stuck with something hogging up most of my space especially under a shell. Maybe if I didn’t have a shell and was hauling a quad or something but even then, probably not. A flip pac shell was also on my list since I’d have a regular shell but flips into a tent with a bed, but I already had a rooftop tent and a travel trailer so it didn’t make sense to spend the extra $ at the time. Very happy with the shell, very expensive with the extra options but has been very useful and worth it.

xcutter

WKR
last truck i had a leer topper and current truck i have the high rise ARE topper and love it. so much nicer getting stuff in and out. still sometimes tall items dont fit and use a trailer then. can haul 2 full size dirt bikes if put them in backwards and slightly compress the suspension with a strap. will never own a standard height topper again
View attachment 380998
Did you rhino line the bottom of your truck? Looks sharp.

jge340456

FNG
Did you rhino line the bottom of your truck? Looks sharp.
i got a quote on rhino liner and decided to plastidip it to see if i even liked it since u can peel it off. only took a couple rattle cans and about an hour to mask it off. its goin on two years later its still there with only a couple spots that needs to be touched up. so will just clean and respray with the plastidip and save the money. then when i go to sell can leave it or peel it

sako4me

FNG
I have a Diamondback HD. It opens up like gull wings with gas props. It can support up to 1600 lbs on top and has 12 tie down points bolted onto it. I also have their toolbox which sets on top of your bed rails but hides under the aluminum tonneau. Excellent quality.