Truck Oil Filter Shortage

cnelk

WKR
I went to NAPA this morning to get oil and filter for my truck.

Synthetic oil - Yep

Oil Filter - Nope!

Yikes! I have 2009 GMC Sierra w/ a 5.3 - a very common oil filter and they didnt have ANY!
I called around and found some at another auto parts store.

So... better be aware of another shortage

slowelk

WKR
It's always good to stock up on Napa Gold filters when they have semi-frequent sales. I have around a half-dozen of oil filters for my rigs and my wife's.

Just like the rest of this stuff, this too shall pass.

SonnyDay

WKR
On the plus side, I found .22 LR at a half-decent price at a Front Range outdoors store yesterday...

go_deep

WKR
Just had this problem with my wife's rig, had to special order one. It's a 2014 chevy, not like it's some odd ball foreign car.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been searching for regular ole petroleum motor oil for the car now for a couple months. They have fully synthetic and synthetic blend, but no normal motor oil in 5w-30. The lady at Walmart said they haven't been sending them any regular motor oil, just synthetic and blends.

I've got plenty of filters for all the vehicles, fuel filters for my Powerstroke, and other oil for the other vehicles.......just that one.

robtattoo

WKR
I went to NAPA this morning to get oil and filter for my truck.

Synthetic oil - Yep

Oil Filter - Nope!

Yikes! I have 2009 GMC Sierra w/ a 5.3 - a very common oil filter and they didnt have ANY!
I called around and found some at another auto parts store.

So... better be aware of another shortage

To advocate, devilishly.....

Heads up guys, I went to my local Dollar General this morning & they didn't have the bacon I like. Called around & found it everywhere else that sells bacon.

Watch out guys, pigs are on the endangered species list.......

Dude. They were out of stock is all. It happens. Calm down.

kayrutty

FNG
To advocate, devilishly.....

Heads up guys, I went to my local Dollar General this morning & they didn't have the bacon I like. Called around & found it everywhere else that sells bacon.

Watch out guys, pigs are on the endangered species list.......

Dude. They were out of stock is all. It happens. Calm down.
I work at oreillys and can confirm, there is a shortage. Some oil filters we get in stock without having to order— are special order now and have to put in a customer service request to see if we can even get it