Lemon law anybody use it?

At least the Ford service department was willing to look at it.
Toyota will simply tell you 'We don't make faulty products' and send you on your way to fix what they didn't engineer properly.
Years later, when they're forced to issue a recall under threat of legal action, Toyota will deny your claim for reimbursement because you don't have a dealer diagnosis to accompany your complete file of receipts.

I'll take Ford's approach every time.

MThuntr

WKR
My F150 did this back in January though I don't have the extra fancy 4x4 stuff mentioned...Lost steering, ABS, Traction Control, Hill assist, etc. 4WD worked still. It came and went and Ford told me to pound sand even trying to diagnose it. So I spent hours searching forums and troubleshooting. In the end, it was the sensor in the front wheel hub. OEM Ford parts were unavailable according to the stealership so I had to buy aftermarket parts from the local NAPA.

I had a 2016 Tacoma that Toyota constantly was fixing on. At least once a month I had to drive to Bozeman for something either transmission, electronics, suspension, etc. I couldn't lemon law it because they kept fixing the issues just a new issue every time I stopped in. They wouldn't take it for a trade-in and I didn't want to sell it locally knowing it was trouble so I had to search for a dealership that would trade it. A Ford dealership ended up with it knowing what they were getting and they didn't care.

three5x5s

WKR
Go thru the BBB Document everything. I bought a new Chevy 2018 Colorado, V6 8 speed. It had the Trany shutter. They could never fix it, so I called the BBB. Took a while but Chevy gave me full sticker toward any new GM product. I ordered a new 2020 Colorado V4 6 speed. Drove the 2018 till it came in. I like the 2020, wish it had the V6, but you could only get the V6 with the 8 speed and I wasn't doing that again.

OP
T

tony

WKR
Update:
Codes and faults everyday. This past Saturday the truck would not start twice, completely dead. Let it sit for a few minutes and it started.
Monday I’m out running a few errands and the “wrench” lights up on the console, I’m close the dealer so I pull in to just show them. Service manager has a mechanic take it in an check it. They had it about an hour and finally recognized they need to do something. ABS parts ordered, tech says they are $1200.00. I said make sure ford gets the bill.
I go to leave and the whole damn dash lights up with every code and fault you can think of. I can’t turn the wheel this time. Like driving an old truck with no power steering.
I pull back up to the garage and get the manager. Tell this damn thing wont steer now. He turns it off and now it’s dead in front of the garage. Glad it happened to them.
They check the battery connection but not the battery. Tech removes the neg and we let it sit 20 or so minutes. Truck starts and the codes show back up.

Talked to a lawyer today, said I should be good to get ford to buy this back. I do have to leet them try and fix it with the parts ordered though, I’m good with that.
He added the process with ford could be 8-10 months as ford has an attorney who handles this. Legal fees are covered, what I paid, possible interest, and payment for things I’ve added like the bedcover, etc.
I need to bring in documentation from the dealer obviously and heres the thing. I have been back at over 5 times now and the dealer has only gave me 1 set of repair papers, you know the dealer name on them, complaint, what they did. They did give me a print out of all the codes they found another time I was in.
Makes me wonder if they are charting anything? Being warranty work, I’d figure they would want to bill ford each time Im in there. Told the lawyer I have at least a 100 pictures as I’m trying to get it each day and time it happens. Also the ford app collects the alerts and sends them to me.
Now I just have to wait and see if they can actually fix this thing

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
You might be able to prove your visits with your location history from google maps or even through the truck via the ford pass app

OP
T

tony

WKR
Have not updated in a while. Pictures sum it up nicely.
I’ve went to codes and faults daily to steering and braking issues, to it not starting.
Truck will start with the key fob / remote. Put the key in the ignition and turn to run, shift into gear and the truck dies. Try to start with the key nothing, zero, zilch. Its like there’s not even and engine or battery under the hood.
Made a case with ford, see an attorney next week.

Attachments

• IMG_8407.jpeg
    IMG_8407.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8409.jpeg
    IMG_8409.jpeg
    571.2 KB · Views: 29

gbflyer

WKR
Update:
Codes and faults everyday. This past Saturday the truck would not start twice, completely dead. Let it sit for a few minutes and it started.
Monday I’m out running a few errands and the “wrench” lights up on the console, I’m close the dealer so I pull in to just show them. Service manager has a mechanic take it in an check it. They had it about an hour and finally recognized they need to do something. ABS parts ordered, tech says they are $1200.00. I said make sure ford gets the bill.
I go to leave and the whole damn dash lights up with every code and fault you can think of. I can’t turn the wheel this time. Like driving an old truck with no power steering.
I pull back up to the garage and get the manager. Tell this damn thing wont steer now. He turns it off and now it’s dead in front of the garage. Glad it happened to them.
They check the battery connection but not the battery. Tech removes the neg and we let it sit 20 or so minutes. Truck starts and the codes show back up.

Talked to a lawyer today, said I should be good to get ford to buy this back. I do have to leet them try and fix it with the parts ordered though, I’m good with that.
He added the process with ford could be 8-10 months as ford has an attorney who handles this. Legal fees are covered, what I paid, possible interest, and payment for things I’ve added like the bedcover, etc.
I need to bring in documentation from the dealer obviously and heres the thing. I have been back at over 5 times now and the dealer has only gave me 1 set of repair papers, you know the dealer name on them, complaint, what they did. They did give me a print out of all the codes they found another time I was in.
Makes me wonder if they are charting anything? Being warranty work, I’d figure they would want to bill ford each time Im in there. Told the lawyer I have at least a 100 pictures as I’m trying to get it each day and time it happens. Also the ford app collects the alerts and sends them to me.
Now I just have to wait and see if they can actually fix this thing

The Ford dealership service dept used to generate what was called an OASIS report or something like that for every contact. You or your attorney should be able to request a copy.

OP
T

tony

WKR
Got the truck back
A broken, bare, loose wire in the steering column. Service manager had a few pictures to show me.
Wires are wrapped in foam padding basically. Thinks the up and down adjustment of the steering wheel was the cause.
Made a few start and stop trips after picking it up yesterday. No codes so far. Maybe that was the issue the whole time?

Cheesy

FNG
I hope the chafed wire was the issue for you.

Contractor buddy of mine farms on the side. Had a brand new 80 hp New Holland tractor that spent more time in the shop than it did on his farm. After the final return to his farm he noticed a hydraulic leak in the snow, steady stream wherever he drove. He calls the owner of the dealership up, says I'm returning this tractor and want my money back. Dealership owner told him no way, that he couldn't do that. My buddy tells him, "you don't understand, I'm returning this tractor at 4pm today, if you don't take it willingly, I'll drive through your showroom entryway and have a news crew there to film it." He is known as crazy enough to do that, they knew he wasn't bluffing, and they took his tractor back and fully refunded the purchase price.

OP
T

tony

WKR
If this indeed solved the issue, I am still going to look at trading it in.
I really like the truck and it’ll do anything I ever needed it to do, I just don’t trust any electrical issue.

CCOBB

FNG
I was about to lemon my 21 gmc Sierra but I was told it’s about a year long process of having no vehicle.

OP
T

tony

WKR
Lawyer I talked to said 8-10 months with ford. Didn’t mention if they take the vehicle as soon as the process starts.
So far so good, with this repair.
If I can find a 6sp newer tacoma at a fair price, I’m going to give it serious thought on trading.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Went through the same thing with a Nissan Titan XD with the 5.0L Cummins diesel engine. It was in the shop so many times it was madening. I documented everything, took pics of the check engine lights when they occurred with my phone. After 5 years and too many hours at Nissan dealerships it was repaired long enough to get rid of that POS. Document, document, document with pics and make phone calls to the dealership when it occurs. Keep all paperwork and talk directly to Ford corporate. Yes, it is a long process but I got results. MTG

OP
T

tony

WKR
Bout a month in since the wiring repair.
Good as new, I really hope its a one off issue and won't happen again.

Mrjim

FNG
Ford needs to reflect on their impact on the general mental wellbeing of their customers.