TROY SESSIONS TELLS ALL_ Rafts_Game bags_ exposing the truth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how we settle this. Each party will send a raft to Formidilosus. He will then drop SWFA-topped Tikkas on the rafts from various heights. The last raft to pop wins.

In case of a tie, we move to phase two. Each party's game bag will be suspended and then loaded, one bullet at a time, with 77-grain TMKs. The bag that holds the most bullets wins.

Damn, I should get paid for moderating disputes.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Here's how we settle this. Each party will send a raft to Formidilosus. He will then drop SWFA-topped Tikkas on the rafts from various heights. The last raft to pop wins.

In case of a tie, we move to phase two. Each party's game bag will be suspended and then loaded, one bullet at a time, with 77-grain TMKs. The bag that holds the most bullets wins.

Damn, I should get paid for moderating disputes.
This is the best post ever.

My comments are in reference to the following discussion initiated by Larry Bartlet in a previous thread.

Wonder how he's justifying trying to patent Kuiu's game bag design with handles? That's just shameful, Sessions.
When you patent a product the process includes disclosing "prior artwork" that may resemble or is similar to the patent itself. Be interesting to see where this goes. The attachment was forwarded to me by a Rokslide member who showed him the Kuiu game bags he was using with handles, and now Sessions is touting that he created the concept?!
When the snowball catches up to this loser it's gonna be heavy!

It's time to expose the appalling behavior of LB. I have maintained the high ground until now.

It’s important to understand that the patent process is far more complicated than you may think. The concept behind the bags you claim as your own has been around for almost 100 years. The first "bags" used were the old burlap bean and barley grain bags utilized by farmers in the early 1900s. Both my great-great-grandfather and grandfather used these bags back in the 1920s, as I'm sure all our grandparents did. Therefore, you have no I-Property here.
Sourcing a raft requires contacting a reputable manufacturer and thoroughly reviewing their designs (product line). While you can submit your concepts , the manufacturer's skilled engineers take charge of the design and development process using CAD software for testing and potential production of the raft.
Prior to accepting your request, the team conducts thorough testing, engineering, and construction of the raft. Following acceptance, you have the option to request additional D rings, lashing points, extra seats, and extra abrasion patches, seat cushions, among other customizations.

We both understand how free commerce operates, and that is what terrifies you the most. Imagine if people knew that manufacturers worldwide are actively seeking individuals to sell "their" intellectual property to (product line) – it would revolutionize their perspective and set them free from so called "name brands".

My lawyers have thoroughly researched the patenting process, and it is clear that Kuiu's bags are not even under consideration. In fact, the only patents we found relevant were from Caribou Gear and a cadaver bag company. Neither of them includes a handle at the bottom of the bag or a double drawstring at the top. My 35-page patent write-up explicitly describes a handle at the bottom of the bag, not at each end where the zipper could be, but at the bottom of the bag.

I want to make it clear that while in the past I bought and used your bags for many years, the design and functionality have not fully met my needs. Although the synthetic material is durable, the lack of a bottom handle for easy loading onto my plane, boats, and canoes prompted me to make my own bags. While I appreciate the material, it's important to note that the design of the bag was not influenced by your company or anyone else for that matter.

You haven't heard from other raft "brands" because we all buy from the same manufacturer, and they know how the process works. These manufacturers sale these rafts to companies all around the world and everyone reading this can also save a TON of money and buy from them as well.

Keep spouting off Larry I will not be silent anymore...
Basically (I see the Kaboat knock off) anything made in China can be rebranded?

That’s what I understand here. Those rafts do look familiar but unless you are marking them up more than the others, and as long as the QC is good more options always helps drive prices down.

2531usmc

WKR
Basically (I see the Kaboat knock off) anything made in China can be rebranded?

That’s what I understand here. Those rafts do look familiar but unless you are marking them up more than the others, and as long as the QC is good more options always helps drive prices down.
For god’s sake, it’s just a raft and they are all basically the same

I cant decide if the timing for this is ridiculous or strategic. Did Larry just set out for a 10 day float?
Guessing this isn't going how the OP thought it would, but I'm looking forward to the memes from all sides.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Patenting the location of a handle is pretty dooshbag. If I can make it with a few basic items, then it is not worthy of a patent. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. For fu©ks sake, if I put handles on the bottom corners that would be another patentable innovation (and more useful in my opinion).

Larry's complaint about ripping off a game bag design was equally stupid. It is called capitalism and competition. The purpose of a patent is to get people to share their ideas, but sometimes they (and trade marks) are just used to limit legitimate competition because the concept in question is simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.