Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Where are they under a $1k?
Optics Planet with a coupon code. Dvor has also had them off and on. Just be aware that Dvor only accepts returns for credit. Used a 13% off coupon last week to snag the MIL version for $895.

Maybe in the thinner air in Idaho that may be true…but here at sea level, my 6.5CM hits 8 mils at around 850 yards. Range goes out to 1265 yds…why shouldn’t I shoot to that range?
You totally should shoot to 1265. How many mils is that for your 6.5? Why not just dial and shoot?

Last edited:
They just introduced a new Tenmile HX 5-25x50 FFP with a more simplified reticle, more akin to the reticle in the Credo line. Certainly could be something know coming with these being so heavily discounted. On the flip side for sub $900 this scope is a steal. Proven to be reliable, track & RTZ. The reticle has its pros & cons, it does have the option to use holdovers for both elevation and wind. Sure it is a bit fine but the red/greed illumination is very well done. With the illumination available I can't think of a scenario where this scope would not work well.
I would be Interested however unless I’m mistaken that new FFP 5-25 is MOA

Have you tried a 20 MOA base?
An edit to my previous post; I thought I was having a similar issue with my 15x Credo I have on another tikka. It was maxing out at a bit over 17MOA. However, just to test a theory, I removed the zero stop donut entirely... and all the sudden I had 50MOA of upward adjustment. I reinstalled the zero stop, but set it a tad higher than I had before, and viola, I now get my 50MOA of adjustment and the zero stop works great. Something about finding a sweet spot where the little screw on the bottom of the zero stop donut will still connect with the other little stud, but the donut is raised up as high as possible from the base. Anyway, the Credo has 100MOA of vertical travel in its specs, and the tenmile (18x version at least) has 60MOA of travel. Where it sits on my 6.5cm tikka in 0MOA DNZ game reaper rings, the tenmile still has 24MOA of upward travel. A 20MOA rail or 20MOA rings would fix the problem on the Tenmile (although 24MOA is fine for 850-900 yards with my Creedmoor). However, there is no problem with the 15X Credo, with 50MOA of travel, I wont bother putting the credo on a 20MOA rail, as 50MOA gets me beyond a 1000 with even a shorty 223.

huntnful

WKR
I wish I had somewhere to shoot that far in GA...
I can shoot 800 yards 10 minutes from the house, and well over a mile just 15 minutes from my house. It’s SO nice. Makes it pretty easy to get a few thousand rounds down range before hunting season.
Great shooting!

Crazy to me you’d set up the target so close to that beautiful truck though. That’s confidence.
Hahaha that’s just when I drove up to get the target 😅. I definitely wouldn’t park that close. It’s borderline luck to get first round hits at that distance with any amount of wind. I just got lucky haha

Scope just came in and got it mounted up. Wow... Very Impressed.. no tunneling, good FOV, Incredible glass, great eye relief, and good robust build quality. I also like the illumination function as well. Thanks for putting me on to this @huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Scope just came in and got it mounted up. Wow... Very Impressed.. no tunneling, good FOV, Incredible glass, great eye relief, and good robust build quality. I also like the illumination function as well. Thanks for putting me on to this @huntnful
You’re absolutely welcome! It’s an excellent hunting scope! I don’t even look at new scopes any more haha.

Have to give the credit to @Formidilosus though because this scope would have never even been on my radar if it weren’t for his testing and elaborate reviews.

You’re absolutely welcome! It’s an excellent hunting scope! I don’t even look at new scopes any more haha.

Have to give the credit to @Formidilosus though because this scope would have never even been on my radar if it weren’t for his testing and elaborate reviews.
I was seconds away from ordering a 4-20 ATACR.. and yes, Very thankful to @Formidilosus for possibly one of the most scientifically comprehensive technical scope tests I've seen that utilized real world scenarios.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
They certainly were/are a sleeper of a good product. Take durability out of the equation, and their paper specs are pretty shoddy compared to the competition. Not to mention lack of reticles. So it's no wonder they aren't talked about

On that note, please send Trijicon a Contact Us form asking for a tree-less reticle that's halfways visible below 6x :)

They certainly were/are a sleeper of a good product. Take durability out of the equation, and their paper specs are pretty shoddy compared to the competition. Not to mention lack of reticles. So it's no wonder they aren't talked about

On that note, please send Trijicon a Contact Us form asking for a tree-less reticle that's halfways visible below 6x :)
their answer would prob be to buy a sfp HX. I imagine its tough to design a FFP reticle that works at max power that is also comparable/usable like a sfp reticle at low mag.