Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

Optics Planet just dropped a $110 plus 2% 'bucks'/credit code (BMSMA, valid until 15 Jan).

This takes the Tenmile to $919.78, plus $18.40 credit ... plus they're giving away OPMOD wireless earbuds with Tenmiles, valued at $102.

($110 works out to about 10.7% off. There might still be some 15% codes out there, but I haven't found any with a quick search. If anyone had one, that would take it to $874,65.)

Even with all that ... I'm finding it really hard to get past the 8 MIL of elevation knob + only 17.5 MIL (60 MOA) total elevation - so about 8 MIL usable elevation in any case (without a canted base). That's about 200 yards for 22LR standard velocity and about 900-ish for 6.5 Creed, depending on bullet - so more than usually needed ... but still ...

Keep trying to talk myself into one ... but hard to find a use case even across all my platforms that can't be covered by either the Maven RS1.2 or the Minox ZP5.

About the only useful piece of advice I've ever got from Ilya is the idea of having a backup scope on hand for every single rifle, "just because" ... maybe that's a possible justification, but the Maven is still only about $200 more when on special. Hmm.
I was worried about this... but IMO it's a non issue - just slap on a 20 MOA rail... the tenmile has a little more throw then the specs say... I get between 51-55 MOA on both mine and even planning on the "low side" of 50 MOA, get's me to ~ 1400-1500 with the 6.5 PRC and ~1500-1600 with my 7 PRC.

My 6.5 creed will get to 1300-1350 with a 130 VLD... and that's not moving super fast either.

Damn! $1029 is a crazy good deal. I bought my first one full price and was happy with it haha. I bought my second one on sale though. I only needed two, but now I want 3 haha.
I'm already debating buying a 2nd one and the first one hasn't even shown up yet!

Optics Planet just dropped a $110 plus 2% 'bucks'/credit code (BMSMA, valid until 15 Jan).

This takes the Tenmile to $919.78, plus $18.40 credit ... plus they're giving away OPMOD wireless earbuds with Tenmiles, valued at $102.

($110 works out to about 10.7% off. There might still be some 15% codes out there, but I haven't found any with a quick search. If anyone had one, that would take it to $874,65.)

Even with all that ... I'm finding it really hard to get past the 8 MIL of elevation knob + only 17.5 MIL (60 MOA) total elevation - so about 8 MIL usable elevation in any case (without a canted base). That's about 200 yards for 22LR standard velocity and about 900-ish for 6.5 Creed, depending on bullet - so more than usually needed ... but still ...

Keep trying to talk myself into one ... but hard to find a use case even across all my platforms that can't be covered by either the Maven RS1.2 or the Minox ZP5.

About the only useful piece of advice I've ever got from Ilya is the idea of having a backup scope on hand for every single rifle, "just because" ... maybe that's a possible justification, but the Maven is still only about $200 more when on special. Hmm.
If you don't want the added weight of a 20moa rail, DNZ now has their game reaper 1 piece mounts in a 20moa style... probably adds a 10th of an ounce. About 3.2 oz total. Or mountain tactical has their raptor, also a 20moa 1 piece. I think about 3.7oz total.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Pretty sure they send all their barrels to Kampfelds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting. I actually assumed that’s who did it. Viewing posts on here it “seems” he’s willing to flute more aggressively than most.

I had a barrel I was working with benchmark directly a while back and they were saying the spiral flutes would take off a full profile on weight. Never pulled the trigger but may some day.

huntnful

WKR
Interesting. I actually assumed that’s who did it. Viewing posts on here it “seems” he’s willing to flute more aggressively than most.

I had a barrel I was working with benchmark directly a while back and they were saying the spiral flutes would take off a full profile on weight. Never pulled the trigger but may some day.
These flutes definitely are aggressive. I’ve ordered several spiral fluted barrel from bug holes also. And these flutes seem to be wider and deeper. I haven’t measured either of them independently though. Barrel is a #5 contour and a tack driver though. I have a bunch of #6 spiral fluted barrels on order now. That’s a good contour.

Someone please talk me out of buying another 3-18x44 Tenmile for under $1k. Any other scopes to consider before I have a weak moment?

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
Someone please talk me out of buying another 3-18x44 Tenme for under $1k. Any other scopes to consider before I have a weak moment?
I mean….maybe wait till after shot show. Prices on these dropped a lot lately. Makes me feel like maybe making room for updates…..

Tahoe1305

WKR
These flutes definitely are aggressive. I’ve ordered several spiral fluted barrel from bug holes also. And these flutes seem to be wider and deeper. I haven’t measured either of them independently though. Barrel is a #5 contour and a tack driver though. I have a bunch of #6 spiral fluted barrels on order now. That’s a good contour.
I just got one of the D18 factory profiled fluted tikkas and measured it. Very close to benchmark #5 (.85 at 6” and .735” at 24”). It’s exactly 3lb.

Last comment on barrels. Sorry to hijack all.

Speaking of barrels. Does anyone know if the 3-18x44 will clear a sendero contour proof barrel with seekins lows on a 20moa rail sitting in a tikka action? Also struggled to know before trying out diff sized and I’d perfore to just buy one set of rings.

jamesmc8

WKR
I mean….maybe wait till after shot show. Prices on these dropped a lot lately. Makes me feel like maybe making room for updates…..
They just introduced a new Tenmile HX 5-25x50 FFP with a more simplified reticle, more akin to the reticle in the Credo line. Certainly could be something know coming with these being so heavily discounted. On the flip side for sub $900 this scope is a steal. Proven to be reliable, track & RTZ. The reticle has its pros & cons, it does have the option to use holdovers for both elevation and wind. Sure it is a bit fine but the red/greed illumination is very well done. With the illumination available I can't think of a scenario where this scope would not work well.

huntnful

WKR
No problem shooting this one at 150 yards through the brush on 5X power. The smaller portion on the reticle is actually quite bold compared to most FFP reticles also.
IMG_1210.jpeg

Someone please talk me out of buying another 3-18x44 Tenme for under $1k. Any other scopes to consider before I have a weak moment?
The maven 😬not saying the trijicon isn’t a great option. Great price right now too. I’ve shot both and just prefer the mavens reticle. I also have 15-18mils of travel left with sportsmatch rings, depending on the rifle it’s sitting on.