Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

TheCougar

WKR
Absolutely none honestly. The elevation turret isn't near as crisp, so I guess that would be one thing. Which isn't a big deal. It's a much more hunting friendly scope, with a much better hunting reticle for killing stuff.

The ATACR was legit, but I can't think of anything I miss about it compared to this little tenmile.
What stocks are these?

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone who is currently looking for this scope, it’s on super sale at optics planet. $1059 shipped

Damn. I missed this. Hope it goes on sale again soon. Would save me 12oz and get the monkey off my back of thinking my scope is too heavy.

Elite

WKR
I am wondering how this reticle is for hunting in broken/timber terrain with out the illumination on?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I am wondering how this reticle is for hunting in broken/timber terrain with out the illumination on?

It’s been discussed multiple times in the Eval thread and this one.

It is at the very bottom of usable. It is workable in low light/brisket backgrounds situations, but really needs illum.

Dobermann

WKR
@Formidilosus - with the Maven RS1.2 looking positive so far, are you seeing any use case for the Tenmile 3-18 at all?

Open country hunting? 22LR competition use? Dedicated 'DMR'-ish rifle if one doesn't want to run an NF?

manitou1

WKR
@Formidilosus - with the Maven RS1.2 looking positive so far, are you seeing any use case for the Tenmile 3-18 at all?

Open country hunting? 22LR competition use? Dedicated 'DMR'-
My tenmile runs out of upward clicks at 99, just under 25moa... gets me to 900 yards with my 6.5creedmoor 140eldm. I'm wondering if adjusting my zero stop up a bit would get me a few more clicks of travel. I think the zero stop is currently set about 3 or 4 moa below my zero.
Have you tried a 20 MOA base?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU

Open country hunting? 22LR competition use? Dedicated 'DMR'-ish rifle if one doesn't want to run an NF?

Provided that the RS1.2’s turn out to be as reliable and consistent, I certainly wouldn’t pick a Tenmile over it for hunting. If a tree reticle was a requirement and the relative lack of elevation travel isn’t an issue, then the Tenmile is certainly an option. But I really can’t think of anything I do where the design of the Tenmile is better than the design RS1.2. I won’t replace the ones I have or use, but I wouldn’t buy anymore right now.

huntnful

WKR
they are on sale for $1029 right now on amazon or Optics Planet. @huntnful actually talked me into getting one over a 4-20 ATACR.
Damn! $1029 is a crazy good deal. I bought my first one full price and was happy with it haha. I bought my second one on sale though. I only needed two, but now I want 3 haha.

Last week Optics Planet also had a 15% off coupon... i added it to my cart and it was $886... I already have two but it was so tempting to grab a third!

Dobermann

WKR
Damn! $1029 is a crazy good deal. I bought my first one full price and was happy with it haha. I bought my second one on sale though. I only needed two, but now I want 3 haha.
Optics Planet just dropped a $110 plus 2% 'bucks'/credit code (BMSMA, valid until 15 Jan).

This takes the Tenmile to $919.78, plus $18.40 credit ... plus they're giving away OPMOD wireless earbuds with Tenmiles, valued at $102.

($110 works out to about 10.7% off. There might still be some 15% codes out there, but I haven't found any with a quick search. If anyone had one, that would take it to $874,65.)

Even with all that ... I'm finding it really hard to get past the 8 MIL of elevation knob + only 17.5 MIL (60 MOA) total elevation - so about 8 MIL usable elevation in any case (without a canted base). That's about 200 yards for 22LR standard velocity and about 900-ish for 6.5 Creed, depending on bullet - so more than usually needed ... but still ...

Keep trying to talk myself into one ... but hard to find a use case even across all my platforms that can't be covered by either the Maven RS1.2 or the Minox ZP5.

About the only useful piece of advice I've ever got from Ilya is the idea of having a backup scope on hand for every single rifle, "just because" ... maybe that's a possible justification, but the Maven is still only about $200 more when on special. Hmm.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm finding it really hard to get past the 8 MIL of elevation knob + only 17.5 MIL (60 MOA) total elevation - so about 8 MIL usable elevation in any case (without a canted base)
If you're actually trying to be talked into one, just use a 20moa base like a normal person:)

Mine zeroed at 100yards has 14.9 MIL of elevation left
(and for the record, it has 7 MILs left going DOWN. Total of ~22MIL. Apparently not uncommon for these to have more elevation than spec'd)

Last edited:

huntnful

WKR
Optics Planet just dropped a $110 plus 2% 'bucks'/credit code (BMSMA, valid until 15 Jan).

This takes the Tenmile to $919.78, plus $18.40 credit ... plus they're giving away OPMOD wireless earbuds with Tenmiles, valued at $102.

($110 works out to about 10.7% off. There might still be some 15% codes out there, but I haven't found any with a quick search. If anyone had one, that would take it to $874,65.)

Even with all that ... I'm finding it really hard to get past the 8 MIL of elevation knob + only 17.5 MIL (60 MOA) total elevation - so about 8 MIL usable elevation in any case (without a canted base). That's about 200 yards for 22LR standard velocity and about 900-ish for 6.5 Creed, depending on bullet - so more than usually needed ... but still ...

Keep trying to talk myself into one ... but hard to find a use case even across all my platforms that can't be covered by either the Maven RS1.2 or the Minox ZP5.

About the only useful piece of advice I've ever got from Ilya is the idea of having a backup scope on hand for every single rifle, "just because" ... maybe that's a possible justification, but the Maven is still only about $200 more when on special. Hmm.
Yeah I hear you man. I thought the 8 mil turret would be a bigger issue than it is. It gets me to 1200 yards on a single rotation with my cartridges, and I’m not hunting passed that anyways. So hectic math in a field situation isn’t plausible. Just shooting at the range beyond 8 mils and taking your time, the math is simple.