Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

Marshfly

WKR
Possible, but using your rifle scope as a spotter can be problematic for some, as it can violate one of the basic tenets of firearm safety... don't point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot...

You might be surprised at how versatile a system you can run with something light like bushnell legend hd 10x25 binos (8oz) and a Kowa tsn 501 20-40x spotter (14oz). Between the two, you have 22oz of glass, which is less weight than many 10x42 binos.
Yup. I carry my tiny light Nikon ED50 everywhere now and it plus my EL42s are plenty for anything away from the truck for me. I use both on the super light KDC Tripod.

Yup. I carry my tiny light Nikon ED50 everywhere now and it plus my EL42s are plenty for anything away from the truck for me. I use both on the super light KDC Tripod.
Kdc makes some lightweight stuff for sure. I've made some extensions out of carbon fiber arrows before. For heavy glassing though, I like something more sturdy like a sirui am225, pick your favorite sub 5oz ball head with pan, and you are well under 2lbs for a legit tripod that can double as a very stable shooting rest, or a third leg for trekking poles that one is already carrying.

RussDXT

WKR
Possible, but using your rifle scope as a spotter can be problematic for some, as it can violate one of the basic tenets of firearm safety... don't point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot...

You might be surprised at how versatile a system you can run with something light like bushnell legend hd 10x25 binos (8oz) and a Kowa tsn 501 20-40x spotter (14oz). Between the two, you have 22oz of glass, which is less weight than many 10x42 binos.

Correct, but I would only use it to verify legal bulls in a herd. This year there were a few times where I wasn’t able to quite tell if the bull was legal. I would think this would help. I also typically don’t carry a tripod, but having the ability to setup the gun on my crossed trecking poles I could see as an advantage.

Spoonbill

WKR
Pretty solid deal on this scope at OpticsPlanet for Black Friday, $1,050.
PSA for anyone ordering from Optics Planet, make sure your paypal address is up to date/ same as your shipping address. Mine wasn’t and opticsplanet sent me an email saying I had to pay with paypal since the addresses were different.

Correct, but I would only use it to verify legal bulls in a herd. This year there were a few times where I wasn’t able to quite tell if the bull was legal. I would think this would help. I also typically don’t carry a tripod, but having the ability to setup the gun on my crossed trecking poles I could see as an advantage.
I hear ya. If you get to the point that you need an alternative, you can add a third leg to your trekking pole setup with a pan or ball head, like what Wiser Precision offers. Or tripod options that double as trekking poles or staff.

How is it on low power in the woods at dusk? That’s my only concern is lower mag at less than ideal lighting conditions.
I have used it on 6 power with no issue picking up the reticle, but it wasn’t in the brush. I would just turn the illumination on in the brush and I think it would be fine.