Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

My tenmile runs out of upward clicks at 99, just under 25moa... gets me to 900 yards with my 6.5creedmoor 140eldm. I'm wondering if adjusting my zero stop up a bit would get me a few more clicks of travel. I think the zero stop is currently set about 3 or 4 moa below my zero.

Wanted to lighten up my gun and simultaneously get a better FFP reticle for hunting. So I’m testing out this trijicon.

Really appreciate @Formidilosus doing this testing so we can move forward more quickly with confidence.

Used old ammo for bore sight. Measured hit with reticle. Second shot after correction was in the orange dot.

Switched to my hunting loads (I already know this load shoots about .8 for 10 shots). Shot 3 for a quick group. It was almost exactly .1 low. I came up .1, set zero and zero stop and went straight to 650 yards with 3.3 Mils, to verify that the corrections matched my data and similar enough to my last scope. Dialed a few hundred Mils in between the two shots, that ended up landing side by side and pretty close to centered given the wind. Easy peasy.

Hopefully kill a few animals in the coming weeks.

Switched from a 4-20X50 ATACR Mil C.

View attachment 618073
View attachment 618074
View attachment 618075
View attachment 618076
After hunting with it for a month or so, any regrets or standouts coming from the ATACR? I’m having a gun built and looking between these two scopes currently. Thanks!

huntnful

WKR
After hunting with it for a month or so, any regrets or standouts coming from the ATACR? I’m having a gun built and looking between these two scopes currently. Thanks!
Absolutely none honestly. The elevation turret isn't near as crisp, so I guess that would be one thing. Which isn't a big deal. It's a much more hunting friendly scope, with a much better hunting reticle for killing stuff.

The ATACR was legit, but I can't think of anything I miss about it compared to this little tenmile.

Absolutely none honestly. The elevation turret isn't near as crisp, so I guess that would be one thing. Which isn't a big deal. It's a much more hunting friendly scope, with a much better hunting reticle for killing stuff.

The ATACR was legit, but I can't think of anything I miss about it compared to this little tenmile.
Copy that! Thanks man. It’s on your 300nmi right? Any reason you’re not running the bigger ffp tenmile on it? Or just weight. Like has the scope left you wanting more magnification or objective? I’m having a 30 nos being built for reference

huntnful

WKR
Copy that! Thanks man. It’s on your 300nmi right? Any reason you’re not running the bigger ffp tenmile on it? Or just weight. Like has the scope left you wanting more magnification or objective? I’m having a 30 nos being built for reference
I’m using the smaller Tenmile for the weight and thicker reticle. I have my buddy’s 28N right now, loading for it, and it has the bigger Tenmile on it. It’s also very legit. Little better image and better turret on it. But also a thinner FFP reticle.

If you can meet your desired weight with the bigger Tenmile, there’s no real drawback to doing that if you wanted.

And yes sir, it’s on my 300 NMI currently. And my second one should be here today, which will be going on my 6PRC.
IMG_0411.jpeg
I was still able to manage a .3 MOA 5 shot group at 326 yards with the little Tenmile on 15 power though.
IMG_0416.png

I’m using the smaller Tenmile for the weight and thicker reticle. I have my buddy’s 28N right now, loading for it, and it has the bigger Tenmile on it. It’s also very legit. Little better image and better turret on it. But also a thinner FFP reticle.

If you can meet your desired weight with the bigger Tenmile, there’s no real drawback to doing that if you wanted.

And yes sir, it’s on my 300 NMI currently. And my second one should be here today, which will be going on my 6PRC.
View attachment 634682
I was still able to manage a .3 MOA 5 shot group at 326 yards with the little Tenmile on 15 power though.
View attachment 634683
Badass man! It’s a pretty lightweight do it all rifle. With the big tenmile the rifle w/o a bipod would be still be 8.8lbs, so pretty light all things considered.

I’m toying with the idea of running the smaller tenmile and a 25” tube at 8.3lbs or running the bigger and a 24” tube at 8.8lbs. I know for sure im being nit picky since a 215 @2950 out of a 24” is more than plenty.

I’ve mostly hunted with 4-16s and never felt under scoped so the 3-18 would be more in line with that I’m used to but the bigger one does seem to have its benefits. Thanks for the help!

Please say you miss your 4.5-28 March 😂

Have you ever ran any of the trijicon credo scopes? I have one on my saum and really enjoy it especially for the price point.

huntnful

WKR
Badass man! It’s a pretty lightweight do it all rifle. With the big tenmile the rifle w/o a bipod would be still be 8.8lbs, so pretty light all things considered.

I’m toying with the idea of running the smaller tenmile and a 25” tube at 8.3lbs or running the bigger and a 24” tube at 8.8lbs. I know for sure im being nit picky since a 215 @2950 out of a 24” is more than plenty.

I’ve mostly hunted with 4-16s and never felt under scoped so the 3-18 would be more in line with that I’m used to but the bigger one does seem to have its benefits. Thanks for the help!
This rifle is 9lbs 10oz without bipod, and still feels plenty light honestly. I prefer speed. So I’d go longer barrel and smaller Tenmile. Especially if you don’t have an adjustable comb or thick cheeks. You have to mount the 56mm objective higher than the 44mm.

huntnful

WKR
Please say you miss your 4.5-28 March 😂

Have you ever ran any of the trijicon credo scopes? I have one on my saum and really enjoy it especially for the price point.
The March was badass. But I don’t ever “miss” anything, or I would just buy it again haha. But the trijicon does everything I need, and nothing I don’t, for a hunting optic, and is $1000 cheaper. So that’s just what I’ve settled on…. For the time being haha

This rifle is 9lbs 10oz without bipod, and still feels plenty light honestly. I prefer speed. So I’d go longer barrel and smaller Tenmile. Especially if you don’t have an adjustable comb or thick cheeks. You have to mount the 56mm objective higher than the 44mm.
That’s where I’m leaning, but needed some forum validation haha. Thanks for the pics and help!

Tenmile is rock solid. Bounced to shit in the back of a side by side for three days. Shot it at 1100 yards and it was money. Then killed this buck at 180 yards with a bedded frontal shot from a 6 PRC with 108 ELDM at 3260fps. Can not find a single issue with this scope as far a FFP hunting optic. I think I found my scope 👍🏼.

View attachment 626546
Which bipod is that? An evopod?

It’s a Hatch out West. It’s 20oz and I never thought I’d own one that heavy. But it’s so versatile, I’ll never be without one now.
Sweet, was looking at the new gunwerks bipod, their dimensions are similar but it doesn’t go as high.

huntnful

WKR
Sweet, was looking at the new gunwerks bipod, their dimensions are similar but it doesn’t go as high.
I think the only other one that goes as high is a Ckye Pod triple pull.

I killed 3 animals seated with the bipod fully extended to shoot over brush last year.

huntnful

WKR
For anyone who is currently looking for this scope, it’s on super sale at optics planet. $1059 shipped

Such a freaking good deal. I almost want to buy another one just in case lol

IMG_0452.jpeg
Simple and effective little optic. Zero issues so far. Put 100 rounds of 300 Norma Improved on it in the last week.