Trash in the backcountry.

aboltlrhunter

Lil-Rokslider
What do you all do with your trash in the backcountry? Burn what you can and carry the rest out? Or not burn any plastic (ziplocks, wrappers, etc...) and carry everything out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put all my food for each day in a 1 gallon zip loc bag and then I use them for trash bags and then pack them all out at the end of the hunt.

slvrslngr

WKR
Pack it in, pack it out. It's the wilderness ethic. And pack out other peoples trash too if you can.

OP
A

aboltlrhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Pack it in, pack it out. It's the wilderness ethic. And pack out other peoples trash too if you can.

Yeah I never intended on leaving trash. My main concern was whether it's ok to burn some of the plastic or not? And yes I always pick up others trash when I'm in the woods:)

I do the same. I can't believe how many wrappers a guy comes across every year. I don't understand why people just leave or throw their miniature candy bar wrappers any where. Wrappers are so small and light I just don't understand leaving garbage behind.

I would never burn plastic. I do what bowtech34 does. Leave no trace and improve the area (others trash removal) if needed.

Plastics put off some funky dangerous smoke. Stay out of it if you burn your trash. Breathing that kind of smoke can leave permanent damage.

molon labe

cody6510

Lil-Rokslider
Burn everything I can, pack the rest out.

duchntr

WKR
I pack everything out unless I have a fire (rare), remember if your burying it a bear will probably be digging it back up and your trash will still be left out in the open.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
always pack it out with me unless I have a fire going but I rarely do a fire if Im hunting.

OP
A

aboltlrhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I pack everything out unless I have a fire (rare), remember if your burying it a bear will probably be digging it back up and your trash will still be left out in the open.

No I never even considered burying. Just burning or carrying out.