Train To Hunt

The meat pack and the challenge course will make you dig deep. I can't believe there isn't more people at these things. Its a matter of time before this is penciled in on everyone's calendar. If you're new to mountain hunting, get your butt to one of these events for a taste of what western hunting is like physically.

Good job! What did the meat pack consist of? Weight? distance? terrain?

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good job! What did the meat pack consist of? Weight? distance? terrain?

Thanks! Meat Pack was 200 lbs for the individuals and 300 lbs for the teams. Distance was around 1/4 mile I believe and it was through the shit desert. Up and down washes is not easy with 200 lbs!

Poser

WKR
Thanks! Meat Pack was 200 lbs for the individuals and 300 lbs for the teams. Distance was around 1/4 mile I believe and it was through the shit desert. Up and down washes is not easy with 200 lbs!

Did you do the meat haul (200 lbs) in one trip? And, if so, you hauled that load with shoes on?

Looks like a lot of fun. I have been doing similar style workouts on my own for years. Never in a competition though. Maybe one day.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you do the meat haul (200 lbs) in one trip? And, if so, you hauled that load with shoes on?

Yep, one tripped it. 100lbs in the pack (would have done more except the sand bags filled up my T1 fast) strapped my bow on and grabbed a 50 lb sack in each hand.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks again! Since I qualified for Nationals in Denver in August, I think I am going to try and go. Going to adjust my training a little and get back after it!

Let me know if you need a place to stay in Denver, I will be around there in August and you can stay with me or my family.

littlebuf

Banned
Thanks again! Since I qualified for Nationals in Denver in August, I think I am going to try and go. Going to adjust my training a little and get back after it!

I'll shoot your bear for you that weekend. Leave your tags