Trad Strings

CLJ

FNG
Mountain muffler. Steve does great work and is very knowledgeable if you ever have questions.

FLS

WKR
I used to twist my own, build my own bows, arrows, everything. I don’t enjoy making strings, so now I let someone else do it for me.
Mountain Muffler are by far the best I’ve used.

I use a guy off of a Facebook group @laneholcomb. It usually take 3-4 days after contacting him to ship them off. You pick your colors and material and choose from whiskers or yarn balls for silencers. He’s a great guy to work with and very knowledgeable.

TX_Diver

WKR
I use a guy off of a Facebook group @laneholcomb. It usually take 3-4 days after contacting him to ship them off. You pick your colors and material and choose from whiskers or yarn balls for silencers. He’s a great guy to work with and very knowledgeable.

I have one from him and it seems to be good. I have nothing to compare too otherwise but he shipped it 2 days later and it was pretty inexpensive too.

Fling-One

FNG
I shoot TTT strings (Trevor Fielder). Best I’ve used, no reason to change. He’s fast at making them
, they are reasonably priced, and they are top notch quality.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I just started making my own. Twisted up a 14 strand D97 that shoots just like my other D97 strings from BW. Much easier to make them than I thought it would be.

Tdawg21

FNG
John Mosier of John’s Custom Archery. You won’t find better. He has some pretty cool ILF risers too.

-Dawg

ozyclint

WKR
I make my own endless strings and find them far easier to get exactly the right length first time, everytime. Pad the loops if needed.
Simple and, well...if they are string enough for compounds.........

iashow

WKR
Another vote for Mountain Muffler. I’ve been really impressed with it on my Wengerd Lolo.

sveltri

WKR
TTT and Mtn Muffler are the best I've used, I can twist one up if necessary but there is certainly a wide gap in quality between mine and those that I've bought.

The only strings I've ever used are made by Jack Spinks down here in australia. A good bloke and a fantastic trad hunter.

I am amazed at the amount of you guys that don't build your own strings . The part that I have enjoyed about traditional archery has been the ability/satisfaction to make some of your own stuff .

I build my own strings but on a nice custom bow I want something really well made and I'm not there yet. And to be honest, it's something I don't really enjoy that much, although maybe as I get better at it that will change.

Aaron W

Lil-Rokslider
I've purchased strings from Ten Ring, Mountain Muffler and currently TTT. Trevor (TTT) will get you a very nice string in a few days, based on my experience. The quality of his strings is significantly better than I can do. To each their own but I'd rather just buy one.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ll get mountain mufflers when I get new ones, no idea what I have now, whatever bivouac and black widow send with their bows.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
How often are you all going through strings? This thread makes it sound like you guys are going through a lot of them.

Mark