Trad Strings

Wrench

WKR
I've been building my own for a few years now. It's easy to twist them up and a spool will last a LOOOONG time. I set two nails on a wall, make 9 laps around with each color and then cut it.

Clay hayes has a good video on how to do it without a jig. You'll screw up the loop length and location a couple of times, just un twist and do over. Once you get it.....it's easy.

I would pay the extra for the beiter winder.

I build my own flemish. It takes a couple tries to get it right, but once you got it a couple spools lasts a long time. This is a good how to
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got a couple great strings from Mountain Muffler for my recurve and currently have a TTT string because it came with my ASL. Highly recommend either. Steve and Trevor both are very good at what they do and great to talk to.

I've built a few myself, and it's not hard at all, but now that I have a custom longbow I don't really want my functional but honestly kinda ugly strings on it.

I am amazed at the amount of you guys that don't build your own strings . The part that I have enjoyed about traditional archery has been the ability/satisfaction to make some of your own stuff .

Just started building my own. My go to for Flemish Twist has been stilldub over on the e auction site. Last purchase was Fast flight for $12 shipped. Gets them out quickly and always exactly what I ordered.