Tract vs Maven spotter

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Other than size differences if I could a Maven S1A for the same price as the Tract Toric spotting scope. Which would be better? Mostly in a truck/sidexside/boat looking at moose and grizzlies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I have a Maven and a Kowa 884. When people borrow them it is about split on which they prefer and I personally don't have a preference between the Maven or the Kowa. I would be completely content replacing the Kowa with another Maven.

On paper, the Maven has a fluorite lens, whereas doesn't seem that the Tract does.

OP
Dbevans

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Maven and a Kowa 884. When people borrow them it is about split on which they prefer and I personally don't have a preference between the Maven or the Kowa. I would be completely content replacing the Kowa with another Maven.

On paper, the Maven has a fluorite lens, whereas doesn't seem that the Tract does.

Thanks, thats all I needed to hear

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
Other than size differences if I could a Maven S1A for the same price as the Tract Toric spotting scope. Which would be better? Mostly in a truck/sidexside/boat looking at moose and grizzlies.

Haven’t used a Maven, so can’t help you there, but have the Tract and it is simply fantastic. I have both the 27-55 zoom and the fixed 22x with the mil reticle. While the variable eyepiece is VERY nice, the fixed 22x stays on the scope 99% of the time. The view through that thing is absolutely spectacular.

John

Agreed with above the Maven is fluorite and Tract isn’t. I had the Tract and it was a great spotter with a solid image. It’s priced very well especially when you can find a demo. It was a good jump from the Vortex razor but if they were the same price I would go Maven but haven’t looked through one. I now have a Cabelas Euro with fluorite glass and it was a decent upgrade for sure over the Tract. The Tract does offer reticle options if you want to use it for spotting long shots. It would be a great workhouse spotter but if you are looking for image alone and again same price I would go for Maven.