Too redneck or is there a better way?

Jmoore

Lil-Rokslider
We did similar for my son a couple years back. We have a lot of scorpions so I sprayed with insecticide and let it sit for a couple weeks before putting it together. It turned out good for him.

Haro450

FNG
I think it looks better than a wooden plaque. If you sealed the wood to bring out the color it might look even better.

WCB

WKR
To me wooden plaques...even more so the ones behind shoulder mounts look "redneck"...more trailer trash actually. Add a couple deer legs under for a gun rack and congratulations to you and your sister on the baby.

Here is a euro display I made...I change skulls ever now and then to change it up a bit...I currently have a different skull on top.

20180114_123108.jpg

OP
U

Ut300

FNG
To me wooden plaques...even more so the ones behind shoulder mounts look "redneck"...more trailer trash actually. Add a couple deer legs under for a gun rack and congratulations to you and your sister on the baby.

Here is a euro display I made...I change skulls ever now and then to change it up a bit...I currently have a different skull on top.

View attachment 762188
I have seen some similar to this and I thought about going this route.

When my youngest bought a piece if property, one of the first chores was to raze a run down, unrepairable shack.
Low and behold, the purlin used to nail the tin to were full 1"×6"×20' with mill blade marks! I tried to salvage as much as possible, but it was so hard and dry, it was almost impossible to work with!
20210228_145054.jpg
Wall mount20210222_192630.jpg
....or table mount.

This is my first attempt at a Euro mount.
A buddy loaned me his "Buck Bucket" that heats and holds the water to a specific temperature.

Mine are
So I would like to display some euro muley deer heads in the living room. I was wanting to use a tree branch but almost think it's a little redneck now. Tree branch in pic is unfinished but would save me $ for diy. What do you all think? I've seen some mounts on the wall placed on driftwood and I almost think that looks better.
Mine are mounted like that on a gnarled old tree section that was behind my stand area where most of the deer on it were killed, now if you want redneck string some twinkle Christmas lights around the limb and skulls and a few neatly placed empty beer cans on a few tines and perhaps a slim Jim wrapper or two in a eye socket always screams West Virginia too me. That’s about as red neck as ya can get.

Cotts4x4

FNG
You can also find a nice piece of driftwood. It may give you a little more surface area to attach to. I dont think its too redneck!