To stove or not to stove

DFB

FNG
I've been running a JT Alpine Basin since early spring. It's my first floorless and I love it. I've used my stove a couple times on weekend turkey hunts and fishing trips just to familiarize myself with it. I don't think it's been an abosolute must have on any trip yet. My next week long wilderness trip will be Sept, high country, AZ muledeer. I've made this hunt before and it's typically quite dry so I'm thinking about leaving the stove at home. Do you guys ever run floorless without your stove? In dry, temperate weather is there any need for a stove? It's a pretty good hike in and even though the stove isn't a brick I'd like to cut what I can.

I've been running a JT Alpine Basin since early spring. It's my first floorless and I love it. I've used my stove a couple times on weekend turkey hunts and fishing trips just to familiarize myself with it. I don't think it's been an abosolute must have on any trip yet. My next week long wilderness trip will be Sept, high country, AZ muledeer. I've made this hunt before and it's typically quite dry so I'm thinking about leaving the stove at home. Do you guys ever run floorless without your stove? In dry, temperate weather is there any need for a stove? It's a pretty good hike in and even though the stove isn't a brick I'd like to cut what I can.
I ran a floorless for a year and a half before I got and began to run a stove. When it is warm and dry as a bone I typically do not bring my stove. The one exception is when I'm high up in elevation as the weather doesn't care.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've used my mini lantern to take the chill off backpacking and a regular lantern when car camping when I didn't feel like doing a stove

Back