Tipi Hot Tent Spreadsheet

OP
M
I appreciate all the replies. I'm rethinking Cimarron for Redcliff. Any other options I should look at before I start scouring the classifieds?

Reactions: MJW
Looking at purchasing a hot tent/tipi this year. I'm planning on a four person tipi so I can sleep my family of four in there in nice weather and run a stove and two people in colder weather. Leaning towards a Seek Cimarron with a Seek stove. Judging from the number of thread's I've read on this topic I know I'm not the first. Did anyone create a spreadsheet with tent/stove weights and prices I can cheat off of?

I'd like to go as light as possible on both tent and stove since (especially with my family) I'll be responsible for packing most of the weight.

Thanks! And happy to hear any advice from anyone who has gone through this process before too.
have both
id start with minimum,,,,redlciff for 4 with any size persons, and 2 with stove, I have a redcliff I will sell
I have a Uturn stove as well I will sell (pics attached)
great for family of 4 and perfect for 2 with stove, done both, especially if its on your back, I wouldn't go any larger...
with that said I have pack animals and went to a canvas tent, if it was still on my back id stay with redlciff for sure
pics attached are Redcliff, 2 adults, gear, with stove , half the tent was gear and sleeping area, other half was 2 chairs firewood, panniers for llamas, 3 adults would have put firewood and chairs outside, but still comfortable with 3 adults and a stove, we had all our gear inside except llama saddles...

Attachments

• 68634190065__13ED2795-4AB8-4B9D-A1A8-5426BA48CEC2.jpeg
    68634190065__13ED2795-4AB8-4B9D-A1A8-5426BA48CEC2.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1581.jpeg
    IMG_1581.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Cimmaron last year for the kids and I to go out in. Wife and I have 4 kids, but she’s not that into tenting. Anyways the kids and I all slept in the Cimmaron last year when out. Ages are 11, 9, 9, and 9. I slept on the one end and then one slept at the head of the other 3 kids. It worked but it was definitely cramped and your crawling over pads and bags to get in if your on the end.

A larger shelter would have been nice but we made it work. All guy-out points where staked out to provide the most amount of room possible inside.

OP
M
have both
id start with minimum,,,,redlciff for 4 with any size persons, and 2 with stove, I have a redcliff I will sell
great for family of 4 and perfect for 2 with stove, done both, especially if its on your back, I wouldn't go any larger...
with that said I have pack animals and went to a canvas tent, if it was still on my back id stay with redlciff for sure
pics attached are Redcliff, 2 adults, gear, with stove , half the tent was gear and sleeping area, other half was 2 chairs firewood, panniers for llamas, 3 adults would have put firewood and chairs outside, but still comfortable with 3 adults and a stove, we had all our gear inside except llama saddles...
I'll send you a PM for pricing/details.

RyanSeek43

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
The Seek Outside Redcliff is the best family tent. Summer camps with no stove can fit 4 easily especially if you have the truck near by for gear. You are looking at like 7-8 lbs for the tent and stove.

The Seek Outside Redcliff is the best family tent. Summer camps with no stove can fit 4 easily especially if you have the truck near by for gear. You are looking at like 7-8 lbs for the tent and stove.
Is the redcliff too much for a solo trip? Also how hard is it to find places to set it up in the backcountry?

have both
I appreciate the photos of real life usage. Much more useful than just a picture of an empty tent set up on a velcro floor in a warehouse.