Tikka T3 Lite...let's make it lighter!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Wayne built the stock for my custom Tikka .300 wm, and I was mostly happy.

My only complaint was that he quoted me about 22 oz for the stock, and it weighs 37.5 oz.

colonel00

WKR
Yikes, that's quite a difference. Any explanation to where basically the extra pound came from?

For $600 or more, I think I'd be a little more than slightly disappointed.

dotman

WKR

My only complaint was that he quoted me about 22 oz for the stock, and it weighs 37.5 oz.

I hope he gave you a huge discount, for less money you could of gotten a 24oz manners!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The stock cost $600 and he didn't give me a discount. In his defense, I didn't ask for one. I asked if he could do anything about getting the weight down, and he didn't think so. I basically just decided to live with it.

MattB

WKR
You are more forgiving than I would have been given the circumstances. For that kind of money I would expect what I paid for. A few oz. is one thing, a pound is entirely another.

dotman

WKR
Stock has to be around 28oz, my McMillian A5 tactical stock only weighs 33oz. The wood stock it replaced was 28oz on my kimber.

OP
Mtnboy

Mtnboy

WKR

That makes me nervous. The only reason I'd even spend money on a new one would be saving 5+ oz

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
On the flip side, the stocks that I have received have been just as stated. I have one of the lightest stocks he makes, but it doesn't look like he builds that stock for Tikkas. My rifles are Remington Model 7's. I am about to send out another one for a stock. I am just checking for accuracy and deciding on whether I need to also get a barrel. I'm not sure which stock Justin purchased, but obviously not one of the lighter version's offered.

RonZega

FNG
That makes me nervous. The only reason I'd even spend money on a new one would be saving 5+ oz

Any updates on this topic fellas? I just picked up a T3 lite and am looking to shave a few ounces. How did yours turn out Mtnboy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
I had forgotten about this thread til I just caught up on it - for a lot less than 600 I would just have put it in a B & C stock -

Eagle

WKR
I'll be sending in my purchase order for a wildcat composites stock here in the next couple weeks. For $410 shipped TYD, you get a tikka stock that is filled, sanded, aluminum pillars installed, and inleted for the tikka t3 or t3x at 17.5oz. Add a .5" decel pad, paint and bedding, and it should come out around 20oz (also have to cut off a small amount of the butt end as its 13.75" LOP without a pad).

GKPrice

Banned
I'll be sending in my purchase order for a wildcat composites stock here in the next couple weeks. For $410 shipped TYD, you get a tikka stock that is filled, sanded, aluminum pillars installed, and inleted for the tikka t3 or t3x at 17.5oz. Add a .5" decel pad, paint and bedding, and it should come out around 20oz (also have to cut off a small amount of the butt end as its 13.75" LOP without a pad).

the same is on my list for April hopefully

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

I just checked out their site. These guys look like they belong on Rokslide.

Wildcat Composites

OP
Mtnboy

Mtnboy

WKR
Any updates on this topic fellas? I just picked up a T3 lite and am looking to shave a few ounces. How did yours turn out Mtnboy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine ended up turning in to a T3x Superlite in .308 ha!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk