Tikka roughtech ranch?

Subs

FNG
@wind gypsy covered it pretty well above. I would read that thread.

The tikka has an integral rail- use it. The caveat is that tikka bins the pic rail onto the receiver, and it is solid as can be. If you want to use pic rings, the provided rail is extremely low in height and is an excellent choice.
Read through it quick. Definitely worth looking at other option and since it's bound to the receiver, I'll stick with using the pic rail. Hopefully I don't have any cracking issues with the Talleys I have on one of my rifles at the moment. It's a 350L and doesn't get hard use.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Read through it quick. Definitely worth looking at other option and since it's bound to the receiver, I'll stick with using the pic rail. Hopefully I don't have any cracking issues with the Talleys I have on one of my rifles at the moment. It's a 350L and doesn't get hard use.

Tally issues are random. I used multiple sets for years and lots of rounds, then had a pair crack in a buddies. Then another. Then went a few more years before seeing another, then a quite a few. Tally’s failing are random and unpredictable- it isn’t just new ones that do it, and it isn’t old ones that are under hard use.
Leupold Backcountry 1 piece rings are a much better version of the design. However, with a Tikka that’s not the best.

Subs

FNG
My 350L should be showing up at the local shop today. I'm looking forward to getting it set up for Ohio and PA gun season. I ended up ordering the Warne Hyperlites to use with the factory pic rail.

Loper

WKR
Silencerco 36m looks right at home. .223 Tikka
View attachment 762750
Are you setting up your rifle in your company’s conference room? I hope you own the company or work for sporting goods store or gun shop. I’d most certainly be fired on the spot if I did that in one of my company’s meeting rooms and somebody walked in.

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered rough tech ranch last week, ordered go pick mine up Monday .
Really excited .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subs

FNG
I picked up my 350L on Friday. Looks like it's going to be a great platform and, first look, I like it more than my Howa Mini in the same caliber. I've not had it to the range yet. I was hoping that the fluting on the bolt would be a little deeper. In comparison to the pictures in this thread, mine seem shallower but I'm sure that's not the case. I'm sure these are not fluted by hand. I'll take a picture and post it later this evening.

Can anyone who has the roughtech ranch in .223 confirm the thread size? Is it 5/8x24 or 1/2x28?
I’m looking for a turn key tikka 223 that doesn’t require any modifications.

OP
W

wesfromky

WKR
Thanks! That’s exactly what I was hoping, just to keep my direct thread can the same.
Can you comment on the quality of the stock? Is it fiberglass or the cheap molded plastic like in the lite or super lite models?
I am a pretty basic softa person, and don't have anything must to compare it to. Just feels like the other Tikkas I have, basic plastic, but fully functional.

Despite what EuroOptics website said, when my .223 roughtech ranch showed up, I have a 1/2-28 thread pitch. Not the end of the world for me, but I would have preferred 5/8. Just be aware, I think there is a mixed bag of thread pitches on the 223.

My Tikka roughtech ranch in 223 from EuroOptic is 1/2-28. Was kinda bummed cause I thought it would be 5/8 - 24.

What's the concensus regarding thread adapters? I bought some 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 adapters on Amazon and seemed to work but didn't shoot with it on. Dealer I bought my new can from said not to use those and sold me a HUB Direct thread mount in 1/2-28 to replace the 5/8-24 that came standard on the can. I can see how this would eliminate some varialbes in the threads and making sure that the threads are aligned with the bore, but kind of a pain to have to swap that out to move the can to another gun.

Last edited:

_S_R_

FNG
I understand that Tikka kind god of rokslide. But why so much hype over 16” tikka for price too close to premiums makers. Even CA Mesa on sale cost 250$ less that Tikka.

OP
W

wesfromky

WKR
Despite what EuroOptics website said, when my .223 roughtech ranch showed up, I have a 1/2-28 thread pitch. Not the end of the world for me, but I would have preferred 5/8. Just be aware, I think there is a mixed bag of thread pitches on the 223.
I bought mine from Buds, so maybe the euro optic model is different.