Tikka roughtech ranch?

Subs

FNG
@wind gypsy covered it pretty well above. I would read that thread.

The tikka has an integral rail- use it. The caveat is that tikka bins the pic rail onto the receiver, and it is solid as can be. If you want to use pic rings, the provided rail is extremely low in height and is an excellent choice.
Read through it quick. Definitely worth looking at other option and since it's bound to the receiver, I'll stick with using the pic rail. Hopefully I don't have any cracking issues with the Talleys I have on one of my rifles at the moment. It's a 350L and doesn't get hard use.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Read through it quick. Definitely worth looking at other option and since it's bound to the receiver, I'll stick with using the pic rail. Hopefully I don't have any cracking issues with the Talleys I have on one of my rifles at the moment. It's a 350L and doesn't get hard use.

Tally issues are random. I used multiple sets for years and lots of rounds, then had a pair crack in a buddies. Then another. Then went a few more years before seeing another, then a quite a few. Tally’s failing are random and unpredictable- it isn’t just new ones that do it, and it isn’t old ones that are under hard use.
Leupold Backcountry 1 piece rings are a much better version of the design. However, with a Tikka that’s not the best.