Tikka Prefit steel barrel options

I’m pretty interested in screwing a 280 AI barrel on to my T3X. It’s a stock .270 at this point so my understanding is that all I should need to do is swap the barrels out, yes?

What is a good all steel, non muzzle threaded, 24”, lightweight contour, prefit barrel maker option? Thank you!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m pretty interested in screwing a 280 AI barrel on to my T3X. It’s a stock .270 at this point so my understanding is that all I should need to do is swap the barrels out, yes?

What is a good all steel, non muzzle threaded, 24”, lightweight contour, prefit barrel maker option? Thank you!
Keep in mind with the T3 if you reload your mag length is going to limit how far out you can load the bullets. They make alterative bottom metals that allow a longer COAL but just wanted to make sure you were aware of that. My 280AI is on a Tikka M695 that has a bit longer mag length.

I put together a 284WIN on a T3 instead to better fit the magazine length. I used a Preferred Barrel Blanks 19" hybrid contour threaded since I'm using a suppressor on it but they offer a lite contour that suits your request. So far its shooting 162eldms and hammer 131s well.

By the way depending on your timeline they run a black friday sale if you want to save some cash, but keep in mind the leadtimes go out accordingly with that sale too.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I haven't shot my preferred barrel, but it was delivered earlier than the expected mid October. I ordered early August and got it mid September.

Last edited:

ruger35

FNG
I've swapped almost exclusively to Straight Jacket Armory and have had zero issues. Prefits and custom chamberings alike have shot well. Also check out their video on the Youtube about swapping a Tikka barrel for the first time. May be worth sending to them to remove the original barrel.