Tikka compact w/ 20 inch barrel - velocity loss

It has a shorter stock. I believe it comes with a spacer that can increase LOP to match the standard model.

Mine came with 4 spacers two were installed on the gun the other 2 were in the package. Mine ended up in a KRG Bravo anyways.

Mine came with 4 spacers two were installed on the gun the other 2 were in the package. Mine ended up in a KRG Bravo anyways.

What is the weight like with the Krg Bravo versus the Tikka standard stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you really notice a difference? Im kinda looking to change my Roughtech 308 a bit. I cut my barrel to 18 and was looking for a shorter LOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t, but I don’t hunt with it, I just use it to shoot steel in my backyard.

This guy did a video showing what he could accomplish with a 6.5 Creedmoor cut down to 16". I cut mine to 16.25" but haven't chronographed it yet. I'll try to remember to share my results when I do.

I'll have to check my notes but I remember my chromoly barrel not losing as much as I thought. 6.5cm cut to 20" and only lost about 18 fps per inch I think.

Didn't chronograph prior, but cut my stainless 6.5 to 18" and averaged 2478 over 8 shots with ELD-M 147gr. Barrel had ~60 through it prior to this string.

Attachments

• 1000000342.jpg
    1000000342.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Am I understanding right that a Bravo for a Tikka is only 10 ounces heavier than the factory compact stock? Thanks.
Sorry I was going off of memory and I’m old. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like it’s closer to 14-15 ounces.

KRG with one stock spacer.
IMG_0142.jpeg

Stock CTR with two stock spacers

IMG_0143.jpeg

Last edited:
Back