Tikka 300WSM to 6.5PRC or other?

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't listen to the pod cast. But I have been a fan of using the lowest practical X for a shot for a long time. Low X helps you steady up and settle in much quicker for a shot, maintains large FOV to see hits and game reaction, and there's less chance that you'll loose out on a close up chip shot because your scope is cranked way up.

I used to have larger X scopes, but currently my highest X scopes top out at 18X, which they almost never see.
This seems to be the constant I keep hearing from everyone I trust to listen to. Thanks!

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I recommend finding someone close to you with a aftermarket stock that you can shoot.
I did have this rifle in a KRG bravo stock for a short time, I really liked the adjustable cheek rest, but the giant barrel channel and overall ergonomics of it to carry in the woods just didn’t do it for me.

AkRyan

WKR
I did have this rifle in a KRG bravo stock for a short time, I really liked the adjustable cheek rest, but the giant barrel channel and overall ergonomics of it to carry in the woods just didn’t do it for me.
Did it shoot better for you?

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I had a T3 300WM and got tired of the recoil and had a Benchmark 6.5 PRC barrel put on it and I love it. It shoots better than I thought possible. The 7 PRC would be great I'm sure, but Not to lessen recoil.