Tikka 223

hunterjmj

WKR
Headed down the rabbit hole. Always been a Remington guy and didn't want to try a tikka but the 223 thread got my attention and here I am. I've been a match bullet hunter for many years but never small caliber until I read through this whole 223 post. Anyhow, bought a tikka 223, dies, rings, scope, primers, powder, bullets, ammo, etc. I'm full in this year for antelope, deer and elk. Antelope season starts next week so I don't have time to load up the 77tmk's but I have a decent supply of factory 73 Eldm's that'll get me going. I'll load the 77tmk's next week and get it dialed in before deer/elk season

Attachments

• IMG_4186.jpeg
    IMG_4186.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 66
You’re gonna like that set up. It was also my first Tikka and now have 4.
My Tikka .223 will also be out on the opener next weekend with both kids.
Cannot wait for next Saturday!

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Cranked 40 rounds today. A couple at 50 to dial it in then at 100 then out to 200. This rifle shoots great. Brought it back to 50 and let my girls shoot a bunch. Both girls 6 & 8 had a blast. They both have experience shooting their 22 crickets so it was a small jump to the 223.
Loving the mountain tactical outdoorsman knob. Small and tight but easy to manipulate.

Cranked 40 rounds today. A couple at 50 to dial it in then at 100 then out to 200. This rifle shoots great. Brought it back to 50 and let my girls shoot a bunch. Both girls 6 & 8 had a blast. They both have experience shooting their 22 crickets so it was a small jump to the 223.
Loving the mountain tactical outdoorsman knob. Small and tight but easy to manipulate.
One thing I started doing after listening to Form talk about probabilities is zeroing off of 30 round groups. Also, if I can have a 20-30 round group under 1.5 moa I am happy. If you can, take it out as far as your scope travel will allow. It’ll teach you a lot about wind and watching your impacts.

I got mine put together over the weekend took it out with a case of adi 69 grain ammo zeroed at 100 and shot a 10 shot group right about 2 moa pretty decent for cheap ammo and a 6x scope. Went right to shooting positional groups at 100 it’s a fun rifle just need to get the barrel threaded for a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk