Thoughts on the new Tricer AD tripod?

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
Shows that the collapsed length is 23". Seems pretty long, im ok with longer legs but with a head it'll be close to 25-26" collapsed. Maybe the BC would be a better option..

Last edited:

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
right on looking forward to hearing about it
I’ll post some pictures when it comes in, I have a sirui I can compare it against. With the Tricer pan head it should save me over a pound from my current tripod with the VA5

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
I’ll post some pictures when it comes in, I have a sirui I can compare it against. With the Tricer pan head it should save me over a pound from my current tripod with the VA5
which sirui are you using? Have you been using the tricer LP already? Or is that coming with the tripod?

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
which sirui are you using? Have you been using the tricer LP already? Or is that coming with the tripod?
I believe it’s the ET-1204. It’s been a few years but I’m pretty sure that’s the model number. I haven’t used the LP yet but I already have it, I ordered it maybe a month ago. I haven’t put it on my old tripod because I just planned to wait for the Tricer. First impressions are good, I’m not sure that it will quite as perfect as the VA-5 but it’s crazy light

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
I believe it’s the ET-1204. It’s been a few years but I’m pretty sure that’s the model number. I haven’t used the LP yet but I already have it, I ordered it maybe a month ago. I haven’t put it on my old tripod because I just planned to wait for the Tricer. First impressions are good, I’m not sure that it will quite as perfect as the VA-5 but it’s crazy light
I’d like to see the AD strapped to the side of a pack if ya could? I really like the idea of the thicker legs at the bottom vs thin leg sections. One thing I wished was it had a wing nut style instead of the twist lock adjustment for the center post. But that’s just me being picky.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to see the AD strapped to the side of a pack if ya could? I really like the idea of the thicker legs at the bottom vs thin leg sections. One thing I wished was it had a wing nut style instead of the twist lock adjustment for the center post. But that’s just me being picky.
Sorry, I should have been more clear I ordered the BC not the AD. They just charged my card yesterday so it should be here in a week or two. I’ll definitely take a picture with it on my pack it’s just the shorter than the AD. I’ll measure it though, my sirui is kind of long it might be similar to the AD

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
Sorry, I should have been more clear I ordered the BC not the AD. They just charged my card yesterday so it should be here in a week or two. I’ll definitely take a picture with it on my pack it’s just the shorter than the AD. I’ll measure it though, my sirui is kind of long it might be similar to the AD
Sounds good. Thanks

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
They just charged my card too, I ordered the AD. I'm sure it'll fit fine strapped to my multi-day pack but not sure if it'll fit on my day pack (SG Approach 1800). Pretty excited to try it out, I've been looking at acquiring a spotter this year so I've been looking for a solid tripod.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
They just charged my card too, I ordered the AD. I'm sure it'll fit fine strapped to my multi-day pack but not sure if it'll fit on my day pack (SG Approach 1800). Pretty excited to try it out, I've been looking at acquiring a spotter this year so I've been looking for a solid tripod.
right on, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

lucky333lucky

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like mine should be delivered 6/2. Has anyone received their AD yet?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

JDMBEND

Lil-Rokslider
Tricer put out a Instagram post that pro orders are shipping today.

JakeSCH

WKR
I got mine delivered today. Been messing with it a bit, let me know if you have any specific questions.

First impressions:

- It is noticeable larger than my slick 634 (both length & thickness, taking up more packing volume)
- When inverted, the tricer lp does not increase stowed length (still 21") though I doubt I will travel with it inverted
- It weighs 1 oz more than then my 634 (33.33 vs 32.35)
- Significantly more stable, the thick legs on the bottom is a win
- The twist locks, lock opposite direction as my slik. Kept doing that wrong and going to take me some time to get use to.
- Twist locks do not feel as smooth as slik, will be interesting to see how they hold up over time. I bet it will smooth out over more use.
- No doubt this tripod will be superior to shoot off of between the two.
- I would be curious how it stacks up against the new outdoorsman gen 2 head to head
- Comes with extra 4" center pole, that would allow you to use tripod as bipod if setup that way.

It is going to take me a little bit to get use to twisting the locks on the top and not the bottom. Overall I am excited to get this in the field and see how it does.

Last edited: