Thoughts on the new Tricer AD tripod?

jb_358

FNG
Yeah I’ve talked to Drew about it and i believe they replaced the o-ring on new ones to remove that free play of the center column on all new ones over the last 6 months or so.

He also has a new panhead and tripod coming out soon that are pretty impressive. I think the panhead is coming out in may.
Do you have any details on this? How would the new pan head differ from the LP?

JakeSCH

WKR
it is actually a fluid head, Tricer BP, designed for big spotters. I don't recall the weight off my head but it will be around 10oz. He posted a video of it on their Instagram recently.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
Interested to hear your comparison of the Tricer BC and the Sirui system. Those are the two I am comparing. I saw someone curious as to how it would stack up against the Outdoorsmans Gen2 and their fluid head but comparisons like that to me are insane. That system runs $2169 for the carbon fiber gen 2 and head compared to $422 for the Tricer setup. For 5x that system better be lights out better in function and specs.
Overall I like the Tricer tripod better and the VA-5 head is in a different category for smoothness and stability. The Tricer head works and is great for a lightweight option but it’s not close really. One thing I do love about the Tricer head is how small and light it is. During rifle I like to use the RRS anvil. So I have that set on the tripod legs and then I bring the little Tricer head on an Arca section so I can attach it to glass. Kind of gives me the best of both at a small weight penalty. During archery if weight isn’t a big deal I use the VA-5. For the legs the Tricer legs have been my favorite I have had yet by far. Never used the outdoorsman’s and I have the BC so I can’t really do anything accept sit anyways but at that height it’s very stable and they’re still light. The backwards twist lock is a little goofy at first but I’m used to it now

jb_358

FNG
it is actually a fluid head, Tricer BP, designed for big spotters. I don't recall the weight off my head but it will be around 10oz. He posted a video of it on their Instagram recently.
Wow, that looks amazing, much lighter than the VA-5. Do you know what the name of the new tripod will be?

i may be way off on comparisons here but how does the Tricer ad w/ LP head compare to the stability of the vortex carbon summit 2. Love the weight of the vortex but not very stable with my spotter