The Shoot2hunt Podcast

prm

WKR
Enjoying the Africa podcasts. Did you guys happen to measure the hide thickness of the Waterbuck? I recall it being rather thick in the chest.

huntnful

WKR
"Form Friday with the beneficiary of @huntnful's rifle spending"
Lmao 🤣. This isn’t directed at you, just addressing his comment.

Everything he said there was true IMO.

He also is a terrible online communicator lol. But he’s talking about long range. Not 300 yards.

This is the long range forum and he builds a lot of and likes “long range” rifles. Which means, decently heavy guns, heavy high BC bullets, going fast. He’s not talking about taking hasty shots at spooked animals at moderate ranges and fighting to figure out a position to crack off a sub par shot, from a sub par position IMO.

Long Range. 1000 yards. Prone. Stable. Wind Present. Seeing splash and having wider wound channels for margin of error on impact is absolutely a benefit. Anyone that has actually hunted long range KNOWS that poor shots can happen, and misses and needing to make corrections based off splash can happen.

Using that guy that isn’t going to practice anyways and should shoot a bigger gun for bigger wound channel for his shitty shot was a stupid example though. That guy shouldn’t be shooting past 100 yards period.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I listened to the @Formidilosus podcast posted today. Other than the audio being broken, it’s got great info in it!

One thing on the RF Bino options that wasn’t mentioned were the Meopta Optika LR model. Mine have been through hell and back for two years now and show no signs of slowing down. If you are looking for a non ballistics RF bino option I would put them up against anything currently available.

khuber84

WKR
I listened to the @Formidilosus podcast posted today. Other than the audio being broken, it’s got great info in it!

One thing on the RF Bino options that wasn’t mentioned were the Meopta Optika LR model. Mine have been through hell and back for two years now and show no signs of slowing down. If you are looking for a non ballistics RF bino option I would put them up against anything currently available.
My new vectorX are pretty fn badass!