The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Tell

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
Subjects. I am not a content generator and am not going to do them just to do so. FF’s (stupid name), are short technical talks, and the amount of subjects that fit are limited. If you, or someone else has an idea of what would make sense, let me know.

You could do one on why your bino harness has a bag in it that is a last resort, and when it’s opened your trip is over.

I’d like to hear one on the fundamentals of marksmanship, and why each part matters. Things like how much pressure to have against your shoulder or being relaxed or thumb position, or how important is it to have consistent pressure from your cheek on the gun or even if there should be pressure there at all. And how did you train yourself to not blink when shooting? Will a guy that doesn’t know what he’s doing shoot a 10 shot group twice the side of a well trained and consistent shooter?

I’d also like to hear one on what makes a good backpack for multi day pursuit hunting, and why. Is it all personal preference, or do some things objectively work better than others?

How about one on learning how to read wind? Do you have guidelines or tips that when you see them you know the wind is within a certain range where you’re seeing that thing happen?

ehayes

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll second the pack set up for more efficient gear deployment.
I’m assuming this relates to Hunt specific gear and not camping/ clothing gear.
This new bag design has me intrigued on what is missing.
But also what can we do now with the bags that are available.

Reactions: NSI

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
You could do one on why your bino harness has a bag in it that is a last resort, and when it’s opened your trip is over.

I’d like to hear one on the fundamentals of marksmanship, and why each part matters. Things like how much pressure to have against your shoulder or being relaxed or thumb position, or how important is it to have consistent pressure from your cheek on the gun or even if there should be pressure there at all. And how did you train yourself to not blink when shooting? Will a guy that doesn’t know what he’s doing shoot a 10 shot group twice the side of a well trained and consistent shooter?

I’d also like to hear one on what makes a good backpack for multi day pursuit hunting, and why. Is it all personal preference, or do some things objectively work better than others?

How about one on learning how to read wind? Do you have guidelines or tips that when you see them you know the wind is within a certain range where you’re seeing that thing happen?

All great suggestions. I've been present and watched the bino pack breakdown several times and it is very educational and enlightening.

Randy

Reactions: NSI

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
NL Pure 14x52 = 36 oz.
ATC 17-40x56 = 34.2 oz.
—>Total = 70.2 oz.
vs.
ATX w/ 65mm = 55.9 oz.

70.2 oz. - 55.9 oz. = 14.3 oz. or 0.89 lbs

😄 not that anybody is counting

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
NL Pure 14x52 = 36 oz.
ATC 17-40x56 = 34.2 oz.
—>Total = 70.2 oz.
vs.
ATX w/ 65mm = 55.9 oz.

70.2 oz. - 55.9 oz. = 14.3 oz. or 0.89 lbs

😄 not that anybody is counting

You are correct. In my mind, I had the 65 ATX at 65oz...

The ATX 65 is 58.8 oz on my scale.

Listening to Ryan and Jake dunk on Carbon Six for lead times while I wait on my Day 1 Rokstok and January Ace-barreled UM tikka build…

giphy.gif