The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Jesus, some of you guys get so offended and exaggerate a simple comment/question.

We arent talking about a birth cirtificate, mug shot, and home address here. Just a normal voice. No name, no nothing else. No one can tell who some random is by their voice on a podcast with 20 rokslide listeners enough to make some big deal out of it. Unless there some legit reason to hide from a sponsor or friend I guess?

Anyways, no one suggested hes full of crap. Im liking the podcast and will continue to listen/learn regardless of the weird voice modifier. But lets get back on track....

It sure has made me want to buy a .243 Tikka, throw on a SWFA and go kill an elk and laugh at my 300 UM or nothing friends some more.

Reactions: WKR

fwafwow

WKR
Jesus, some of you guys get so offended and exaggerate a simple comment/question.

We arent talking about a birth cirtificate, mug shot, and home address here. Just a normal voice. No name, no nothing else. No one can tell who some random is by their voice on a podcast with 20 rokslide listeners enough to make some big deal out of it. Unless there some legit reason to hide from a sponsor or friend I guess?
I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t think anyone is offended. Maybe any response to this topic is an exaggeration - but it’s been raised repeatedly, in this very thread. So for those of us who have responded to the most recent mention of his voice change on the podcast, at least I assume people read the entire thread, so if a member posts the same topic again, I perhaps assumed you were making more of a deal of it than intended.

As for whether his true voice could identify him - I don’t know. But it might, especially among people who might know him and recognize the voice. if I was concerned about my identity, especially what people could piece together given other posts and history here and elsewhere, I would either decline to participate on the podcast, or ask for my voice to be changed. I’m glad he went with the latter.

nobody

WKR
I personally don’t blame him for “hiding his voice” sheerly from a personal privacy standpoint, say nothing of hiding an occupation. A voice can make it pretty easy to piece info together if somebody wanted to. Heck, I’ve listened to the podcasts he’s been on a few times and have heard bits and pieces of his non-modulated voice and can recognize his voice enough to tell I’ve heard/seen him on other online “media” in the past few years, even though I have no idea what his name is and probably couldn’t pick him out of a 2 man police lineup.

I don’t care if he’s secretly the guy who plays Elmo on Sesame Street, as I’ve implemented the things he’s shared it’s all teased out in reality, so I have no reason to doubt him, no matter what his occupation may be.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I have stated many times that if someone came in and started doing and saying the things that need to be done and said, with the work that needs to be done to prove it, I would never post again. I started posting and bringing attention to certain things because I was tired of the BS and no one else was. If it’s useful I will continue, if it’s not I will gladly stop. I don’t like the internet or the culture of the industry, I just want to hunt and shoot and have equipment that isn’t garbage. There is nothing secret happening. I value privacy and have no desire at all for “fame”.

Any company that wants to talk can reach me easily- a couple have asked Ryan about talking/meeting and when told “no problem, let’s meet at a range” they were no longer interested.

geoff995

WKR
I have stated many times that if someone came in and started doing and saying the things that need to be done and said, with the work that needs to be done to prove it, I would never post again. I started posting and bringing attention to certain things because I was tired of the BS and no one else was. If it’s useful I will continue, if it’s not I will gladly stop. I don’t like the internet or the culture of the industry, I just want to hunt and shoot and have equipment that isn’t garbage. There is nothing secret happening. I value privacy and have no desire at all for “fame”.

Any company that wants to talk can reach me easily- a couple have asked Ryan about talking/meeting and when told “no problem, let’s meet at a range” they were no longer interested.
Keep sharing your information here. Many of us here find it very valuable and I for one look forward to any information that you’re willing to share.

texag10

WKR
Keep sharing your information here. Many of us here find it very valuable and I for one look forward to any information that you’re willing to share.
I'll second that. The knowledge sharing is incredibly helpful and has improved my shooting ability and judgement on what shots I should and should not take. Please keep it up!

....and fishnet baselayers FTW too!

WKR
I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude.

Preda8or

FNG

First off I would like to say thank you sir for the work you put in to helping the shooting community, as there are very few people that are willing to share info without the thoughts of personal gain. I have had my ego knocked down a few notches since I've been reading your posts, luckily I'm willing to give different ideas a listen, I didn't like what you were saying at first because it was different than what I thought I knew, I'm not saying I agree with everything you say but after a lot of testing on my part, I agree with most.

ElPollo

WKR
Most of the conversations I get into at public gun ranges totally make me understand Form’s preference for privacy. There’s so much dogma and misinformation out there that people can get butt-hurt about. I go to gun ranges to shoot and no one knows me and I still hear about it. If everyone there knew me and wanted to correct me on shit I’d said or done, I’d probably give the hobby up altogether.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Most of the conversations I get into at public gun ranges totally make me understand Form’s preference for privacy. There’s so much dogma and misinformation out there that people can get butt-hurt about. I go to gun ranges to shoot and no one knows me and I still hear about it. If everyone there knew me and wanted to correct me on shit I’d said or done, I’d probably give the hobby up altogether.
My electronic earpro stays off when I go to the public range so I don't cringe.

eamyrick

WKR
Podcasting with Mark from Ace Barrels tomorrow

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m sure it’s been covered but do you mind spending a minute on weather tape (to keep out debris) bothers zero while hunting.

Also, just saw a Partition perfectly punch a 2 inch hole through a mule deer shoulder at 650. Dude walked around like a champ until he caught two more rounds and still needed a finisher in the neck. If it wouldn’t have been for does in the area he would have been gone. Very little blood. Y’all may have me on this murder bullet train.

JBMAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Typical stuff - barrel break in, cleaning, optimal length for caliber, why some barrels are slower (Tikka), +P...
Second the barrel break in. Ive never believed in it, but so many insist... but then for those production rifles that come with "sub moa cards" showing their first group through your new gun... surely they arent doing a barrel break in.

WKR
Has he ever seen a barrel go 20k plus rounds without cleaning maintain high levels of accuracy?

Does a hot barrel shoot any different, group size or zero?

Is there any value in clocking a barrel pointed up, i.e., the max runout at 12 o'clock when installed?

Podcasting with Mark from Ace Barrels tomorrow

Let me know if you have any questions.

I thought about reaching out to them for a blank recently. I think I'll call em tomorrow actually.

Questions that I had after looking at their website -
  1. Average lead time currently on a barrel order?
  2. What all services doe they offer? I see prefits mentioned, do they chamber barrels?
  3. I didn't see a list of bore/groove dimensions, land configurations, and twist rates offered for the various bore sizes. That could be helpful.
Edit: Nevermind, i'm not calling them. UM has basically exactly what I want for my next barrel blank that I haven't been able to find elsewhere, and it's an Ace. Score!

Last edited:

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Approximately when will pre-fits be available?
Will there be 223 prefits(tikka of course)
Maybe that info is unknown, worth a try