The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Gorp2007

WKR
I played around with looping my trekking poles and resting a rifle on it until I found what worked for me. Its pretty easy once you mess with them for a few minutes to see what you like.

I can make it work, but it’s not as stable or quick as my Quik-Stix, and the responses to that thread make me think there are some tricks I’m missing out on. Those tricks may just be “work harder and practice more.”

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I agree its really weird, and I can't take anything that guy says seriously when he's gotta hide his voice like he's a confidential informant on the history channel.
There is nothing weird about having a primary occupation that requires one to remain anonymous on an open source media product. It's probably either remain anonymous or wait until you're retired.

The Guide

WKR
It’s pretty weird regardless if it’s a joke or he seriously needs to hide from some company. But a solid podcast for sure.

I agree its really weird, and I can't take anything that guy says seriously when he's gotta hide his voice like he's a confidential informant on the history channel.
It is pretty well "understood" that he does "freedom work" and is just trying to keep a lower profile instead of having his voice and face all over in video, voice, and print media. Feel free to ignore Form if it bothers you that much. Some of use enjoy his knowledge and experience. It's not gospel but it allows you another view point to make your own decisions on.

Jay

WKR

WKR
It is pretty well "understood" that he does "freedom work" and is just trying to keep a lower profile instead of having his voice and face all over in video, voice, and print media. Feel free to ignore Form if it bothers you that much. Some of use enjoy his knowledge and experience. It's not gospel but it allows you another view point to make your own decisions on.

Jay

Well....going on podcasts is not "trying to keep a lower profile" now is it?

I've listened to a few of the other podcast and enjoyed them, but the episode with the wonky voice modifier that sometimes carries over to the other guys makes me feel like I'm listening to the fear and loathing in las Vegas podcast.

The Guide

WKR

I've listened to a few of the other podcast and enjoyed them, but the episode with the wonky voice modifier that sometimes carries over to the other guys makes me feel like I'm listening to the fear and loathing in las Vegas podcast.
Not exposing his natural voice is a way of keeping a low profile. Like I said, don't listen to the episodes with @Formidilosus if you arent artistically appreciative of his modulated voice. The rest of us will.

Jay

i just pretend it's this guy giving me scope and bullet advice

hero-image.fill.size_1200x1200.v1611616731.jpg

Preda8or

FNG
Who cares who he is, he gives solid advice that you can test and prove for yourself, but a lot of people don't want to hear it because it's not what we have thought was true for years, instead of complaining about who he is, try what he is saying and report back if you find something he says is wrong. He has made me feel bad about what I knew a few times but what I have tested he has been spot on.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Instead of focusing on who he is or what he sounds like or what his job is.

Just focus on WHAT he says. If you think he is full of crap go test it and prove him wrong. I did lots of testing and was unable to. If its still a hang up its ok. It's your loss.

I don't blame him. Remaining anonymous sounds nice.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!

Lead by example and change your username here to your full legal name, upload a clear photo of your face as your profile picture and list your home address as location. Until then your criticism rings a bit hollow IMO.

We all choose to share as much as we'd like. Sometimes it's out of our control, but as individuals we should get first crack at privacy decisions.