The Shoot2hunt Podcast

ehayes

Lil-Rokslider
You mentioned you can test the fit of the stock on the action for tolerance. Will bedding this stock be a good idea? Or not needed at all?

Thanks

Tartan

WKR
One question I had, and maybe @Stockys can shed some light on this, is can the M7 action be inletted out of the same mold as the 700, or is it a completely different thing, and will that be an option in the Rokstock at some point? There were several of us misfits requesting them in the other thread. I realize they won't be anywhere near 1st priority, as we are not a big user group.

M7 misfits unite! I also want a rokstock for my M7 with a sendero contour and badger m7 inlet so I don't have have somebody else do it.

The ENTIRE point of my question was to figure out how to shoot thousands of rounds a year like he does, and how he was able to get into culling hundreds of animals. Sure seems like a really good time to me. And if there's a wage involved, maybe it's worth a career change

Ok, there's lots of places that people could shoot for work. Think ammo manufacturers, large custom gun producers (SMR, Gunwerks, Allterra, just to name a few) I think if you were bound and determined getting a job shooting that wouldn't be hard. Go to Shot Show and get names and contact info. Follow the Ken Coleman method and get to know actual people. Also, I imagine suppressor manufacturers need people to shoot for them. These are just some ideas to get you started!

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I enjoyed the podcast. I'm really enthused about this stock.

@Ryan Avery for business purposes, the R700 inlet needs to happen, and why not sooner than later. I've had issues with my Remington trigger, and will be using Tikka for any future rifles, but I can think of two other potential sales in my immediate circle of friends if this thing delivers, both 700 platforms.

One question I had, and maybe @Stockys can shed some light on this, is can the M7 action be inletted out of the same mold as the 700, or is it a completely different thing, and will that be an option in the Rokstock at some point? There were several of us misfits requesting them in the other thread. I realize they won't be anywhere near 1st priority, as we are not a big user group. However, they do currently inlet the vg2 for the M7. I'm likely going to buy one for a rifle I've had for a long time, but if there's any chance the Rokstock will be inletted for them I'll just be patient.

Thanks for taking on this project, and kudos to all parties for actually trying to solve a real problem here!
We can see if the model 7 will work in the rok stock but my hunch is it’ll need it’s own mold considering we’ve tried it with our other models already.

HNTR918

WKR
@Ryan Avery

Just listened to episode 39.
Can Stocky's inlet the ROK stock for the Kimber 84M & 84L action?
There are many owners of these rifle on Rokslide and I'm sure we could get a initial group buy going to make it worth their time.

SloppyJ

WKR
I've been listening to this podcast since I found it. I think I've damn near listened to all of them at this point. I appreciate everyone on there for different reasons.

Jake, thank you for always making it relevant and your use of questions to steer the conversation is very well executed. Ryan, I appreciate the comedy. Form, I enjoy the scientific nature in which you approach problems and extract data.

It reminds me of something that would happen if my group of friends made a podcast. I like that y'all give each other shit and make off-color jokes. It's just a "real" type of show. Keep it up.

I think the funniest bit I heard, at least the one that actually made me laugh out loud was on one of the earlier bullet episodes. Maybe it was the one where you were discussing selecting a cartridge around a specific goal. Either way, the Swift Scirocco got brought up and "someone" made a joke that they had a black tip "So you know their faster". I lost it.

A lot of the knowledge that I gained around hunting/shooting was passed down or I learned from my mistakes. It's great to get some fresh takes on what was once believed to be standard common information. But part of me thinks it funny that the ol' redneck boys down here weren't far off with the "Just shoot a core-lokt". This is a very niche hobby and having these open conversations about things that might piss some people off because it challenges them is unique and very much needed.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I just finished episode 39. Well done

When "the first 100" RokStock pre-orders were mentioned around the 25 minute mark, I of course selfishly wanted to know if I made the cut. @PNWGATOR seems to have first called dibs (on 5 - ahem) at post #297 (in the Stocky's thread), and I called for only one (lame, right?) at post #381. Then I panicked a bit and thought the "first 100" might mean the first 100 stocks, not the first 100 RS members. I think even accounting for various left-handers and "I will take 1-2" sort of posts, I believe I made the cut.

I have real problems. But many already knew that.
If you ended up not making the cut, PM me and I’ll get you taken care of.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
So was there an official pre-order list for the new stock or was it going based on the first "100 comments"? I think I made a comment saying I'd take two stocks in the Rokstok thread early on... If I'm somehow on the list for two stocks I'll give mine second one up to another member... If I'm not "on the list" let me know how I can get on there.

Haven't listened to this podcast yet, looking forward to killing 2 hours of my 12 hour drive on Friday listening to it.

So was there an official pre-order list for the new stock or was it going based on the first "100 comments"? I think I made a comment saying I'd take two stocks in the Rokstok thread early on... If I'm somehow on the list for two stocks I'll give mine second one up to another member... If I'm not "on the list" let me know how I can get on there.

Haven't listened to this podcast yet, looking forward to killing 2 hours of my 12 hour drive on Friday listening to it.

Geez did anyone actually listen to the podcast? Ryan said the first 100 will get something, not sure what yet. But there will be more than 100 for purchase.

Lawnboi

WKR
Really been enjoying the podcast. Don’t have anything set up on a bunch of those platforms to leave comments and feedback, but have listened to them all. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. I’m not in the area to attend a lot of what you’re doing but could maybe squeeze a match in down the road. As someone who drank the koolaid early on with a lot of the stuff your talking about, it’s been fun to see where it’s come and where it could go.

Anyways since I can’t support with comments and I really need a new hat, I’m requesting a hat. And not a trucker hat, I’m bald and don’t have enough arm tattoos for those. Side rant; I can’t find a effing hat anymore from a company I want to support that isn’t a trucker style.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Really been enjoying the podcast. Don’t have anything set up on a bunch of those platforms to leave comments and feedback, but have listened to them all. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. I’m not in the area to attend a lot of what you’re doing but could maybe squeeze a match in down the road. As someone who drank the koolaid early on with a lot of the stuff your talking about, it’s been fun to see where it’s come and where it could go.

Anyways since I can’t support with comments and I really need a new hat, I’m requesting a hat. And not a trucker hat, I’m bald and don’t have enough arm tattoos for those. Side rant; I can’t find a effing hat anymore from a company I want to support that isn’t a trucker style.