The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Rotnguns

WKR
Probably why you are seeing pumps.

AI isn’t going anywhere and the energy needed for computing power is extreme. It is projected to surpass the current power consumption of what is used to secure the btc network, if it hasn’t already.

There is also all kinds of uses for small nuclear which will help provide energy as other systems begin to fall behind on capabilities or failing all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A bit of a tangent, but YES on SMRs. They no longer require highly-enriched uranium to operate and the new designs are safe and can be quickly constructed. This nonsense of covering the West with wind turbines and solar panels needs to stop. SMR's can provide fixed energy from a tiny footprint compared to the millions of acres needed for solar and wind farms.

Exercised my first option contract today, it was a big hit. A couple months ago I opened some $5.50 puts on LCID. Contract expires tomorrow and today it dropped another 15%. I sold to close my position this am.

Question for you more savvy option traders. Did I have to sell to close today or would my option automatically sold tomorrow upon expiration? I am really green at options, but my first was pretty profitable atleast. Not 100% if I left meat on the bone or played it right?

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
Exercised my first option contract today, it was a big hit. A couple months ago I opened some $5.50 puts on LCID. Contract expires tomorrow and today it dropped another 15%. I sold to close my position this am.

Question for you more savvy option traders. Did I have to sell to close today or would my option automatically sold tomorrow upon expiration? I am really green at options, but my first was pretty profitable atleast. Not 100% if I left meat on the bone or played it right?
First off Congratulations on the win but your making me nervous for your bankroll lol

I would suggest studying and understanding what goes into an option contract pricing (intrinsic and extrinsic value) and how they relate to the greeks of options if you haven't already.

As for what you should have done, it depends on why you bought the put contract for (i.e. protection on LCID stock in your portfolio or cause you were short on LCID). If you did not plan on exercising the put contract (i.e. selling 100 shares of LCID at $5.50) then you did right by selling the contract for what its worth now. You would need to check with your broker on the rules for contracts in the money on expiration day. Some auto exercise if you are penny in the money at expiration date and some need to be manual (call in). It possible that since you were long a contract , the contract could have expired tomorrow and you would have lost all value on the contract. Typically if you are short a contract you can expect to be exercised when in the ITM.

I highly suggest writing out some rules/goals for your option trading and stick to it (i.e. I'm targeting 50% profit and will close if I'm -200% on the trade.) Winging it is dangerous to your wallet especially if you don't fully understand what you are buying and selling and how the contracts work (reminds me look into American vs European option contracts). Stoked for you that you started your option journey on win! Good luck with the rest of it! So much to learn and very fun and rewarding skill to have.

First off Congratulations on the win but your making me nervous for your bankroll lol

I would suggest studying and understanding what goes into an option contract pricing (intrinsic and extrinsic value) and how they relate to the greeks of options if you haven't already.

As for what you should have done, it depends on why you bought the put contract for (i.e. protection on LCID stock in your portfolio or cause you were short on LCID). If you did not plan on exercising the put contract (i.e. selling 100 shares of LCID at $5.50) then you did right by selling the contract for what its worth now. You would need to check with your broker on the rules for contracts in the money on expiration day. Some auto exercise if you are penny in the money at expiration date and some need to be manual (call in). It possible that since you were long a contract , the contract could have expired tomorrow and you would have lost all value on the contract. Typically if you are short a contract you can expect to be exercised when in the ITM.

I highly suggest writing out some rules/goals for your option trading and stick to it (i.e. I'm targeting 50% profit and will close if I'm -200% on the trade.) Winging it is dangerous to your wallet especially if you don't fully understand what you are buying and selling and how the contracts work (reminds me look into American vs European option contracts). Stoked for you that you started your option journey on win! Good luck with the rest of it! So much to learn and very fun and rewarding skill to have.
Thanks for the reply. Like I stated before, this was my first option contract I had ever done. I trade thru fidelity, so it kind of guides you thru the buying part. I initially was wanting to shrot LCID, however with the amount of shares being shorted, Fidelity wanted to charge me interest to short LCID. I decided to try this option contract instead. I made money, but still am unclear on the whole closing part of it. My only options where ( sell to close, buy to open or roll). I am self taught ( thru a bunch of research) on stocks and am now trying to learn how to option trade. This is my personal account, so no big deal if I lose, I feel like it might be the price of admission at the start. I know when I first started stock trading 10 years ago, I lost for a little bit, but now am profitable every year. At any rate, I chose the sell to close option, and still don't know if I picked the right thing. I made money, but not sure if I left money on the table.