The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Some bigger players marked it and started betting against it for some reason about the 3rd week of March. What did they know before last weeks statement which added fuel to the fire? I haven’t spent more time yet to try to dig up the reason.
Interesting.
HIMS still losing money…and the CEO backed off of his comments. I think we all know those protestors don’t want actual jobs- thus many folks probably didn’t take those comments seriously.
Stock bounced back 3.5% yesterday….its a nothingburger, not worth me messing with it.

Selling too early is my specialty...I wish I had done that with GTE. I got a ways to go to get back to even.
I did make money fortunately (stop loss was set above cost basis). But could have had over $1/share more profit at this point if I held. Last time I held hoping it would keep going up I got burned though and ended up holding a lot longer than anticipated (through everything that you guys have also been experiencing)

Anyone looking at any new positions lately? Feel like just gotta DCA up here. Don't wanna go too heavy

Anyone looking at any new positions lately? Feel like just gotta DCA up here. Don't wanna go too heavy
I have just been buying my standard blue chips. I did buy MPW back when I asked about it a couple months ago. So far, that one is paying off.

Fingers crossed some of you were playing the meme’s the past week or two! . Africa hunt got a whole lot closer!

80 shares of GME.

I like the stock!

Took gains in a 401k and threw down for the ride. I’m too dumb to understand call options. May buy another 20 shares on etrade for liquidity since I can’t touch the 401k without coughing up the gains to Uncle Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 shares of GME.

I like the stock!

Took gains in a 401k and threw down for the ride. I’m too dumb to understand call options. May buy another 20 shares on etrade for liquidity since I can’t touch the 401k without coughing up the gains to Uncle Sam.

Good stuff! Iv been learning a little about options, it took a handful of losses to get it sorted out, and Iv got a long ways to go yet, but my last round of calls on AMC sure showed how quick they can multiply when things go in favour.

I’d love to jump back into calls…. But they’re sure a hefty price now with the way the stocks are moving. I’m thinking I’ll just hold my shares now, keep a stop loss and watch the trend.

Watching the media and news, they seem to be getting traction.

Good stuff! Iv been learning a little about options, it took a handful of losses to get it sorted out, and Iv got a long ways to go yet, but my last round of calls on AMC sure showed how quick they can multiply when things go in favour.

I’d love to jump back into calls…. But they’re sure a hefty price now with the way the stocks are moving. I’m thinking I’ll just hold my shares now, keep a stop loss and watch the trend.

Watching the media and news, they seem to be getting traction.

That space off X I posted is a great listen if anyone is curious what’s going on with GME. I’m holding the few shares I have and riding it out. It’s part of a small 401k that my Edward Jones guy got 58% return on. So, it’s mostly just profit for me that I’m trading. That being said, I wish I would have been part of the community after 2021. Didn’t even know they existed and kept at it. There are guys holding MASSIVE bags still today. None of them sold. They’ve been adding for 3 years and buying down their share averages. And they aren’t selling any time soon. They are out for blood this time.

I didn’t know that GME did a forward split so I’m curious if that affects how high this can run. Last go round we’d be at about $200 a share pre split.

Fore warning: this is a highly manipulated stock with a lot of volatility. Apparently there are a lot of naked shorts (new to that term) and synthetic stocks being traded. For instance, I’m almost certain one of these guys on the space was talking about how more stocks were traded today than what is actually available right now in the market.

Those calls made last week have made some people STUPID money. However, I would agree they are too high for me. I’ve never traded calls and I’m not about to learn now. I’m purely in for the support. Etrade wouldn’t let me in Monday and rejected a money wire yesterday so I made the move with 401k today. I was trying desperately to get in first thing Monday. I saw roaring kitty’s tweet Sunday night and knew what was coming. Wish I was in through Etrade so I’d have access to profits if I sell, but, increasing my 401k for my financial guy to move around isn’t a bad thing considering I work for myself and he apparently knows what he’s doing.

It’s day two (although the stock has been climbing for two weeks) so let’s see what happens. If they get their way, the 5 Billion lost in shorts in the last 2 weeks is going to be a drop in the bucket on what’s to come. Every short is currently in the green as of now and the stock is climbing with a fraction of the volume compared to last time. Who knows. And 100% not financial advice.

Back