The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Took out a couple shorts on Tesla yesterday. Expire 7/19. Few days after their next earnings. I think their sales numbers are going to be way down yoy.

Broomd

WKR
How are you approaching PR now? Swing a certain % up then sell?
I'd like to say it's chart-driven, TX, but honestly it's just gut. Watching the ebb and flow and then jumping in at what feels like the right time. I've waited months for a sub-16 PP.
I had my initial buy at $15.68 and changed to $15.88 yesterday. My first PP was the right one.

The fundamentals here with PR are outrageously good, with just a bit of luck this should pop to $18,50 or so, hopefully beyond. Swinging at about $3 a pop.

And we all know, we're one calamity away from the market really correcting. Biden world = clown world.

CorbLand

WKR
Hang in there, Corb. Not too late to drop a few shekels for a swing trade..
Unfortunately, most of my money is tied up right now. Been an unexpectedly expensive year so far. I get to sit back and be happy for all of you making a killing off it.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
SLV........ETF. There are others as well. Much more liquid than the actual metal.

But ya, the premiums dealers have put on the actual metal have become ridiculous.
If you can't hold it, you don't own it.

This is especially true for Au and Ag and one of the main reason to own it.

Not everything I own can be held in my hand but the point is there can be a fair concentration of wealth contained in a small package and in Au's case, that has served as money (and not currency) for 1000's of years. Plus, it's always a good idea to have your wealth spread across multiple asset classes.

Not trying to be a smart azz with my reply and just passing along food for thought for any readers.

Eddie

P.S. Au and stocks are taking it on the chin today.

Fowl Play

WKR
You got about 10 more years on gold, silver, and platinum until we crash land an asteroid in the middle of Nevada full of it and it drops the value on all those commodities so much that we start using gold in our house wiring....

only half joking.

You got about 10 more years on gold, silver, and platinum until we crash land an asteroid in the middle of Nevada full of it and it drops the value on all those commodities so much that we start using gold in our house wiring....

only half joking.

I’m guessing that if we crash land an asteroid full of gold, silver and platinum anywhere on the planet we won’t be building houses to put gold wiring in any asteroid with the quantity of those minerals as to make them essentially worthless is going to be pretty heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVDA to the moon....and to think, I bought 1,000 shares 3 years ago.... sold it for a 150% gain...

And that turns out to be one of the stupidest moves I've made in a long time. <face Palm>

Let’s see what happens tomorrow. AH trading doesn’t always translate into regular trading gains.

I only have 500 shares but I’m in at $267.

If only I had 1k shares…

P

NVDA to the moon....and to think, I bought 1,000 shares 3 years ago.... sold it for a 150% gain...

And that turns out to be one of the stupidest moves I've made in a long time. <face Palm>
Same here brother. 1,000 shares = $950,000 as of close yesterday. Will be over $1M at open...I traded in and out of it several times beginning in Covid (March 2020). Doubled my money a few times and thought I did good.........Lesson learned: Only BUY NVDA. DO NOT SELL!!! You could actually say that about all stocks, but especially this one.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I use the charts a lot for trends, patterns, and buy/sell points. I'll put in GTC orders at specific prices. In 2022 I had a buy order of 1000 shares set for NVDA where the chart lines showed a bottom/bounce. It fell to right around $108, and my buy price was $12 lower. Win some, lose some.

I did pick up AMZN and META though near that same time with similar type orders. The pain comes when you sell them. Giving the government lots of money that they'll just squander away on idiocy.

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
I use the charts a lot for trends, patterns, and buy/sell points. I'll put in GTC orders at specific prices. In 2022 I had a buy order of 1000 shares set for NVDA where the chart lines showed a bottom/bounce. It fell to right around $108, and my buy price was $12 lower. Win some, lose some.

I did pick up AMZN and META though near that same time with similar type orders. The pain comes when you sell them. Giving the government lots of money that they'll just squander away on idiocy.
we are lucky up here that if you trade in your TFSA, tax-free savings account, we dont have to pay taxes on any gains.

Z Barebow

WKR

I wanted to buy some NVDIA, but I thought it was over priced @ $118.

My wife is sick of me bringing up the daily stock price!

Beendare

WKR
You guys still buying nvidia?
As stated earlier…don’t take my advice- grin

NVDA has 80% of the very in demand high end chip mkt right now but competitors are catching up. Chinese chip makers are discounting….nvda sales dropped and they just cut their prices in China. Others are making comparable chips- almost.

Then there is the potential Taiwan/ China mess…nvda has no fabs….TSM makes their stuff.

I think the 10 to one split…and competitive advantage they still have still makes them a good buy….but will China try to take over Taiwan while they still have a weak US president that is in their back pocket? I dunno…we shall see.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Alright guys….

Just pulled my 401k from a previous employer and rolling into a IRA. The check just arrived. I need to forward to my retirement guy and let him manage.

What does your crystal ball say? Is the trump trial impacting the market short term? If he’s acquitted do the anti-trumpers freak out and the market drops? If he’s found guilty do the pro-trumpers freak out and the market drops?

Or does it have no impact and the last few days of drop are because people are nervous about the new interest rate meeting in early June?

Do I invest immediately, and get back in?

Do I wait to see what the market does with the trump trial?

Do I dump it into t bills at 5.3% for the next 3 or 6 months and get back in after the November election?

I don’t need the money for 25 years, it’s a fairly sizable amount. I know there’s never a bad time to get into the market if you’re in for the long haul.

CorbLand

WKR
Alright guys….

Just pulled my 401k from a previous employer and rolling into a IRA. The check just arrived. I need to forward to my retirement guy and let him manage.

What does your crystal ball say? Is the trump trial impacting the market short term? If he’s acquitted do the anti-trumpers freak out and the market drops? If he’s found guilty do the pro-trumpers freak out and the market drops?

Or does it have no impact and the last few days of drop are because people are nervous about the new interest rate meeting in early June?

Do I invest immediately, and get back in?

Do I wait to see what the market does with the trump trial?

Do I dump it into t bills at 5.3% for the next 3 or 6 months and get back in after the November election?

I don’t need the money for 25 years, it’s a fairly sizable amount. I know there’s never a bad time to get into the market if you’re in for the long haul.
Far far from an expert but with 25 years left, I would buy long term blue chip stocks and not look back.

It is pretty hard to not take 5.3% with near 0 risk though.

I dont think interest rates are coming down in the near future.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Far far from an expert but with 25 years left, I would buy long term blue chip stocks and not look back.

It is pretty hard to not take 5.3% with near 0 risk though.

I dont think interest rates are coming down in the near future.
We think alike. The problem is I’m not sure if we’re both dumb or smart! I have quite a few t bills right now because I keep thinking the market will drop in an election year. That’s worked out great so far…. *end sarcasm.