The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Any of you guys paying attention to the Politicians buying up Inverse ETFs, politicians selling over 23m in stock over the last 90 days, Michael Bury wagering giant sums on puts against SPY and QQQ? I can't help but think, we are in for even rougher waters here soon.

Any of you guys paying attention to the Politicians buying up Inverse ETFs, politicians selling over 23m in stock over the last 90 days, Michael Bury wagering giant sums on puts against SPY and QQQ? I can't help but think, we are in for even rougher waters here soon.
I hope so. We need the recession, once and for all. The idiotic valuations of both real estate and equities need to be reset.

nrh6.7

WKR
Cannot believe what CDEV / PR has done over the last three years. Started out with 11,700 shares and sold half last year @ $11+/share to fund some other opportunities, but sure wish I would've waited.

So I'm trying to figure out the activity on the attached photo. This happens pretty much every day at the closing bell. My guess is its either the company buying back shares or brokerage houses buying. Surely these aren't private investors buying up this much, right?

1692389022361.png

Cannot believe what CDEV / PR has done over the last three years. Started out with 11,700 shares and sold half last year @ $11+/share to fund some other opportunities, but sure wish I would've waited.

So I'm trying to figure out the activity on the attached photo. This happens pretty much every day at the closing bell. My guess is its either the company buying back shares or brokerage houses buying. Surely these aren't private investors buying up this much, right?

View attachment 590544
I actually just sold the 250 shares I had at $12.90 after hours. Had to decide if I really wanted to hold out to see a full 50% gain or not, which would have been $13.65 at my purchase price. But ultimately decided to just take the profit. Figured I shouldn’t pass up a solid profit with all the volatility and government manipulation of oil prices lately. If history repeats itself my selling today means it will likely go up another 20% from here though.

Last edited:

sasquatch

WKR

Not too worried, over 80% of the big company earnings so far have been excellent and beating expectations. Ignore the noise, those people are mostly short term trading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm still 75% invested in my stocks account, I can't ignore the decline tho. VOO and SPY down 5% over last 30. With the gurenteed 5%+ on T bills I am pretty heavy into them. Oil still pumping and I am on that train still

Beendare

WKR
FWIW, I am reevaluating my Investing strategy due to politics.

My thesis was, voters would realize the current Dem regime policy is terrible...and they will vote them out. I don't think that will happen now. Unfortunately,

The Reps don't have an electable candidate...which means another 4 to 8 years of Dem rule. By then folks will be fed up...but for now, I'm reevaluating everything- its the world we are in.

MattB

WKR
IMO unless there is the threat of a direct policy-based impact to a specific industry or industries, investment decisions driven by politics is an emotional response.

The President and politics don’t generally have that much impact to the economy in general.

A liberal friend was convinced that Trump was going to tank the economy and went to all cash in 2016. In retrospect, that was one of the worst decisions he has made in his life - a mid six-figure mistake.