The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Started a small position in DIS this morning with tight stop. Earnings in a few days which is why I started small. Risk/reward seems favorable at this $85 area.

badgerboy

FNG
Welp guys, *boom*....sold the CDEV/PR today, hit my 12's mark and I'm out. What a hold, good Lord! 3.5 years.

My lowly 16k investment came in at $300k. I'm grateful for all of you that were here for encouragement and support!
I was asked in March of '21 if I'd host a gathering if it hit $12 and yes, I'd love to honor that promise and host a fun party for those who invested there!
Congrats to all longs, I know Ghostmoney did really well there at CDEV/PR!

Coop, you still owe me lunch from when SP hit $3... :).
Congrats! That is some serious patience!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jmort1754

WKR
Alright guys, need some help I know the information is in here but I am having a hell of a time finding it. What apps should I use to play around a bit?

CorbLand

WKR
@Broomd
You got a hot lead on another one? Dont worry, I will trust you this time and not sell too early.

Massive facepalm on my end.

Broomd

WKR
@Broomd
You got a hot lead on another one? Dont worry, I will trust you this time and not sell too early.

Massive facepalm on my end.
Lotta luck involved with this one, Corb, don't beat yourself up.
I had my doubts too, I think many did. I lost track of how many days I was disgusted or turned off my brokerage acct.

Overall I still can't believe what happened with that little equity. I believe it was Mr.Daytraitor that brought it to the attention of many of us. Ironically he bailed at about $1.25 with his 165k (?) shares. He had a ton of shares and moved over to a crypto stock. He made his million but could've made several million at CDEV.
She'll probably continue to run. But wife and I aren't kids anymore and wanted to enjoy some of this windfall.

badgerboy

FNG
Anyone have thoughts on DIS? They are down now but I see ESPN struck a deal with Penn to establish a new sports book. Could be a big revenue generator for mid range.

Spoonbill

WKR
Anyone have thoughts on DIS? They are down now but I see ESPN struck a deal with Penn to establish a new sports book. Could be a big revenue generator for mid range.

I guess it depends on how long you want to hold on. I haven’t looked too hard at Disney but from what I have read it seems like they will be going through some short term pain. However, Disney does own a lot of popular movies (Star Wars, Marvel etc.) that are likely to keep generating revenue. Could be a good buy or it could implode, thats just my .02

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Disney does own a lot of popular movies (Star Wars, Marvel etc.) that are likely to keep generating revenue.
I look at this is if they continue down the path of altering those classics to appeal to the woke and diverge from the original path they’re toast. How many of you (us) are just done with any of these movies sequels? I know I am and until they go back to neutral entertaining for just plain entertainment’s sake I and I think others won’t spend the $$$ there anymore.

CHSD

WKR
I'm looking in hyster yale stock. Worth a look. Boring stock but could have major potential if their fuel cells take off.

Beendare

WKR
DIS- I wouldn't touch it...too much risk for reward

I did buy something yesterday- DVN

Devon Energy. I should have bought it a couple weeks ago when nat gas was bouncing down along $2. Thats crazy low- ridiculous actually. One would have to believe nat gas is going away. Nat gas ramped up 6.5% today...and it's been in an upswing with plenty to go. I don't think it's going back to $10 of a year ago...but even $4-$5 is a huge win for the nat gas players.

DVN is a big player---probably more money to be made in the smaller players...but DVN throwing off a 7% div so I'm playing this a little safer. Not for the faint of heart.....

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved

Well, then there's this STORY.

You might want to hold off, or sell if you bought since your post.

Invest well,

Eddie

BBob

WKR
I bought a bit back in again in recent past lows into Laredo/Vital VTLE. They’ve been hit hard and still down from the nat gas drop. I did well with this one in the past as Laredo LPI.
Some are flying too high IMO for a buy (PR, AR, LNG) but possibly TELL might be worth looking at. This market is tough right now with everything going on from many directions and my investor brain is a bit on vacation after pulling out of most of my OG.

Last edited:

jamesjrn

FNG
If this is your first time, I'll advise you to get some guidance as this stuff is tricky—just a friendly piece of advice.