The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

KsRancher

WKR
Bringing this FRC back to the top here. Thinking about buying 100 shares. Any more opinions on this bank?

Bringing this FRC back to the top here. Thinking about buying 100 shares. Any more opinions on this bank?
IMO the insiders think this bank isn't going to make it. If institutional money and professional investors thought it was still solvent the stock wouldn't still be crashing, they would be stepping in to buy it. I've been wrong before, but we wary that the people in the know probably know a lot that we don't.

IMO the insiders think this bank isn't going to make it. If institutional money and professional investors thought it was still solvent the stock wouldn't still be crashing, they would be stepping in to buy it. I've been wrong before, but we wary that the people in the know probably know a lot that we don't.
If you had bought shares one hour ago, you would already be down 20% on those shares...

BBob

WKR
If you had bought shares one hour ago, you would already be down 20% on those shares...
And after the bailout news if you’d have bought it at the bottom you’d be up 45-50%??? It’s the market, driven by market makers to crash or pump a stock to make $$$. Yesterdays action should not be surprising at all nor would be todays response.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Meanwhile back at the ranch…. Energy making a bump with the bank news turnarounds. Money flow into energy has been rising lately so not too surprising and somewhat expected. BORR gaps up big this morning. Hammered GTE is trying to make a move out of the bottom. BTC looking a bit more solid today pushing in the 28 territory again. Interesting day!

And after the bailout news if you’d have bought it at the bottom you’d be up 45-50%??? It’s the market, driven by market makers to crash or pump a stock to make $$$. Yesterdays action should not be surprising at all nor would be todays response.
Not for the feint of heart or the ignorant, for sure. That stock could be $5 today just as easily as it's $17 right now. It might be $5 next week, or maybe $30. But make no mistake this is a failing bank, the bet is just on bigger banks or the biggest bank (Fed) saving it.

Down 10% just in the last 30 min since this news trickled out.

Meanwhile back at the ranch…. Energy making a bump with the bank news turnarounds. Money flow into energy has been rising lately so not too surprising and somewhat expected. BORR gaps up big this morning. Hammered GTE is trying to make a move out of the bottom. BTC looking a bit more solid today pushing in the 28 territory again. Interesting day!

Good chance btc breaks $28.5, it has bounced off of it a couple times now, if another bank has issues btc will pump, if the fed doesn’t go crazy on rates it will pump. Eth doing well today also. NFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little guy here holding money as I think cash will be king here shortly, then I’ll make the jump. Have trad 401k and a Roth IRA. Good amount of cash in savings and in checking. Thinking of a CD for part of savings and putting portion of savings in money market. Is this dumb? I know it’s not stocks investing, but thought better than sitting gaining nothing. Opinions appreciated on what you’d do with ~100k if you were 27 had maxed out IRA, and very little debt between wife an I.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Bitcoin is at 28k, that's up over 65% since the first of the year. It's the greatest invention of our lifetime. Some of you sound like silly gooses and don't understand the difference between currency and money. And definitely don't have a clue about bitcoin. The dollar bill is on a steady decline. Read The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous and Softwar by Major Jason Lowery, you won't regret it. "If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have time to explain it to you, sorry..." Satoshi Nakamato. "It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on" Satoshi Nakamoto

fmyth

WKR
Little guy here holding money as I think cash will be king here shortly, then I’ll make the jump. Have trad 401k and a Roth IRA. Good amount of cash in savings and in checking. Thinking of a CD for part of savings and putting portion of savings in money market. Is this dumb? I know it’s not stocks investing, but thought better than sitting gaining nothing. Opinions appreciated on what you’d do with ~100k if you were 27 had maxed out IRA, and very little debt between wife an I.
I'd buy 3 BTC's.

Take this advice for what you paid for it. Cd's are not a good investment right now imo. Treasury bills are offering the same or better interest rates with shorter terms (4 week, 8 week and a bunch more) and your gains on T-bills are state tax exempt if your state has an income tax rate. I like the shorter term T bills because you never know when you may need your cash for another investment with better returns.

CorbLand

WKR
Take this advice for what you paid for it. Cd's are not a good investment right now imo. Treasury bills are offering the same or better interest rates with shorter terms (4 week, 8 week and a bunch more) and your gains on T-bills are state tax exempt if your state has an income tax rate. I like the shorter term T bills because you never know when you may need your cash for another investment with better returns.
Not as much right now but there for a bit some banks and credit unions were offering some good CD rates. I saw some 3.5 to 4% on 3-6 month. Capital One had a 4% HYSA for a little bit too.

And what plan to do in the next 2-5 years? Stocks? Where does everyone trade at here?

Not as much right now but there for a bit some banks and credit unions were offering some good CD rates. I saw some 3.5 to 4% on 3-6 month. Capital One had a 4% HYSA for a little bit too.
That’s why I was mentioning it, seemed decent saw up to 6 a month or so ago for a short term tie up but likely should’ve hopped on at that point

Spoonbill

WKR
That’s why I was mentioning it, seemed decent saw up to 6 a month or so ago for a short term tie up but likely should’ve hopped on at that point
Without knowing your debt amount and interest rate, I would say to pay off whatever debts you have. I don’t think inflation is slowing down anytime soon so anything you can do to reduce your monthly expenses will be worth it. I am getting about 3.6% in my high yield savings account, not alot but better than nothing for having cash on hand.

Bitcoin is at 28k, that's up over 65% since the first of the year. It's the greatest invention of our lifetime. Some of you sound like silly gooses and don't understand the difference between currency and money. And definitely don't have a clue about bitcoin. The dollar bill is on a steady decline. Read The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous and Softwar by Major Jason Lowery, you won't regret it. "If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have time to explain it to you, sorry..." Satoshi Nakamato. "It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on" Satoshi Nakamoto

Another good book is Bitcoin: Hard money you can’t f*ck with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: