The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Thanks; good laymen take there, some of these companies have been pretty good at preparing for this covid shutdown while others have not.
We actually saw this just today when CPE announced a poor ER --immediately tagged a 'sell' with hedgers dumping the stock.
It's still a crap shoot to be sure, but things are slowly shaking out between the poseurs and playa's....personally I hope they can all weather the storm.
Our country owes a debt of gratitude to the shale boys and gals out there.
We're free of Middle Eastern oil, hope we can stay that way.
I’ve been watching CPE for a month now and I just never could get myself to buy in. I didn’t get to catch their Q1 report today as I was working, but I’m glad I held off on then for now.

What’s your guys opinion on Valero? I don’t know a ton about them but have been doing some reading. Where they’re a refiner, doesn’t seem like the price of oil would hit them as hard. Seem to be very strong financially with a good dividend. Never bought a stock outside of my 401k but thinking about diving in. Thoughts?

Trevor,
I would like to hear who you like and don't like in oil.
Man I’m really hesitant to say much publicly at the moment because it appears some folks on here don’t know what they are doing and just see some of us posting ticker symbols and they throw money at them and get butt hurt when they lose.
I will say that VLO is a 100% buy right now. I feel certain that it’ll be back in the $80-$100 range by year end. It’ll float around in the $60-$65 range for another month I think and then it’ll start the climb back up. It bottomed in the low $30 less than 60 days ago and it’s already came back to $66 mid April.

You might also take a look at MRO and PE. Im not going to make any claims about either, but I will say im well invested and feel there is alot of opportunity. You’ll have to use your own judgment.

Last edited:
What’s your guys opinion on Valero? I don’t know a ton about them but have been doing some reading. Where they’re a refiner, doesn’t seem like the price of oil would hit them as hard. Seem to be very strong financially with a good dividend. Never bought a stock outside of my 401k but thinking about diving in. Thoughts?
Take a look at what I just posted. VLO is solid. No worries with that one.

Okhotnik

WKR
I’ve been watching CPE for a month now and I just never could get myself to buy in. I didn’t get to catch their Q1 report today as I was working, but I’m glad I held off on then for now.

I messed with CPE about 3 weeks ago and made about a 1 K and jumped out. I like EOG, XOM, FANG for more stable long term. Ive made decent returns with MRO, APA, CLR, CDEV, OXY, AM, VLO, LPI, APA last month and cashed out. Holding 1 k shares of CDEV, some GTE now for the heck of it at . Im waiting a bit for the weaker companies to be weeded out and jump in more.

Okhotnik

WKR
Man I’m really hesitant to say much publicly at the moment because it appears some folks on here don’t know what they are doing and just see some of us posting ticker symbols and they throw money at them and get butt hurt when they lose.
I will say that VLO is a 100% buy right now. I feel certain that it’ll be back in the $80-$100 range by year end. It’ll float around in the $60-$65 range for another month I think and then it’ll start the climb back up. It bottomed in the low $30 less than 60 days ago and it’s already came back to $66 mid April.

You might also take a look at MRO and PE. Im not going to make any claims about either, but I will say im well invested and feel there is alot of opportunity. You’ll have to use your own judgment.
Thanks

Okhotnik

WKR
Added more NYMT....

How often is SAVE that low? Charts aren't conclusive....

When market tanked in March Ive been following it and Jetblu and bought on 52 week lows and sold both at 15 per cent profits in April market highs. Both smaller airlines an d financially set to whether the virus. I jumped in last week when hit lows again and sold off both end of Friday for really nice gains. I picked up both again yesterday ( watch trade volume and charts) a few thousand each on lows and will watch today.

Based on closely watching both I think the prices I quoted are deals but could be wrong. Market futures up today watch both. See if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
I wonder if this is accurate?

I definitely think so. I personally think AAL at biggest risk. Of the big airlines I think Delta is most stable. Obviously in short term there is money to be made off of all of them. I m thinking of holding Delta for long term and some of the smaller airlines. Markets all dropping now I think on the WTO info. Look for deals lol

Last edited:

work765

WKR

When market tanked in March Ive been following it and Jetblu and bought on 52 week lows and sold both at 15 per cent profits in April market highs. Both smaller airlines an d financially set to whether the virus. I jumped in last week when hit lows again and sold off both end of Friday for really nice gains. I picked up both again yesterday ( watch trade volume and charts) a few thousand each on lows and will watch today.

Based on closely watching both I think the prices I quoted are deals but could be wrong. Market futures up today watch both. See if I am wrong.

Why spirit over American? American is huge and will definitely bounce back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
I definitely think so. I personally think AAL at biggest risk. Of the big airlines I think Delta is most stable. Obviously in short term there is money to be made off of all of them. I m thinking of holding Delta for long term and some of the smaller airlines. They're all dropping now
Anyone considering JETS etf?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Why spirit over American? American is huge and will definitely bounce back

I held American in the past and sold. Spirit is riskier but I think potential for bigger profits at least short term. They just came out and reevaluated earnings and dropped. Again Im not holding long term yet until all the economics are are worked out. I still think a short term risk around 10.15 to 10.12 or lower. I just bought some at 10.08. If I hit 10 per cent gain will sell off today on limit order. This is short term not long term.

Last edited:
Anyone considering JETS etf?

I added this yesterday. Long hold. Easy way to get in on airlines.
Insulation for all the wild Low swings that each individual airline stock Could experience (Chapter 11). But then again, the gains wouldn’t be as good if one of the companies in the index pops big and you owned it individually.

Clarktar

WKR
First attempt at a short hold today. Bought 100 shares of an airline. I have limit sell set at 11 percent profit. Now, back to work

Okhotnik

WKR
dollar cost averaging airlines today. Looks like might have bottomed out finally or false bump. Its a gamble

Last edited:

jfs82

WKR
Of the big ones, American has the most messed up balance sheet, many are predicting if one goes, it's the one. I've got small amounts of Alaskan and Southwest (which has great financials compared to most airlines). I'm mostly on long holds and not day trading, but I'm having a hard time not taking the 90% I've made on Enphase so far.

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve done well on ENPH as well. PSX and ABBV have done well for me also but still going to hold long term there. TDOC is another that has been performing good.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Not a fan of the cannabis industry but see potential to make some coin; anyone have thoughts on ACB, CRON or GTII.CX? I personally think by 2023 this market will triple no matter what happens in the economy.

Okhotnik

WKR
I said this before but think the cannabis market is over saturated with too many producers. Big pharm will eventually come in and try and corner the market.