The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Interesting article about forecasting when the feds money bazooka will affect market.

Keep in mind that Zerohedge is usually bearish, doom and gloom.

Okhotnik

WKR
adding to airlines on low today for some short term gains. Added more PayPal and TSN at lows today.

For anyone interested I think SAVE is a bargain when it drops to 8.15 and JetBlue 8.55

adding to airlines on low today for some short term gains. Added more PayPal and TSN at lows today.

For anyone interested I think SAVE is a bargain when it drops to 8.15 and JetBlue 8.55
I bought some TSN as well. Also some WY

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Added more NYMT....

How often is SAVE that low? Charts aren't conclusive....

I had to work all day so I didn't get much time to play, but I did get some limit orders in this morning for EPD, LIVX, and BTU. I'll have some time in the morning to day trade a little.

Broomd

WKR
Picked up more GPMT today. Long term hold for me. Didn’t get anything else today, too green of a day to be buying much. But at the same time that’s not necessarily a bad thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GPMT up a buck a share (25%) after hours after solid forecast....
Was tempted to take $, but I'm going to hold a bit. This is a solid REIT.

Yeah I saw that as well, and I was tempted to take some profits but held off. I think this is a solid stock with a lot more room to run. Plus it has a pretty decent dividend, once they start paying it again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
I liked this post so started following. Something fun to do on the side so bought a couple 100 shares of APA and CDEV when down a month ago and now just holding them long term. Thanks for the inputs fellas. Looks like easy gains with a long term mind set. If they fold, they fold and so will a lot of others; I doubt it.

I would be extremely cautious about establishing a position on any oil and gas producer in the Permian Basin just yet. If production is still outpacing consumption (likely) and storage is already full, WTI front month contracts could get just as crazy next week as they did April 20th. How long can some of these companies survive operating at a loss?

I would be extremely cautious about establishing a position on any oil and gas producer in the Permian Basin just yet. If production is still outpacing consumption (likely) and storage is already full, WTI front month contracts could get just as crazy next week as they did April 20th. How long can some of these companies survive operating at a loss?
I been in refining for 12yrs now. I’d like to “think” I have a decent read on who’s going to survive and who won’t. That being said, I’m not going to publicly make any claims either way for any particular one. Some of these companies are pretty cash rich right now and can ride this out pretty well with the proper cuts in OpEx and capital projects. Also, some of them are just too good of a deal to pass up. If they tank, I’ll take the loss. I’d rather do that than be kicking myself in the ass when the stock doubles or triples by the end of the year and I “played it safe” and held on to my cash.

Broomd

WKR
I been in refining for 12yrs now. I’d like to “think” I have a decent read on who’s going to survive and who won’t. That being said, I’m not going to publicly make any claims either way for any particular one. Some of these companies are pretty cash rich right now and can ride this out pretty well with the proper cuts in OpEx and capital projects. Also, some of them are just too good of a deal to pass up. If they tank, I’ll take the loss. I’d rather do that than be kicking myself in the ass when the stock doubles or triples by the end of the year and I “played it safe” and held on to my cash.
Thanks; good laymen take there, some of these companies have been pretty good at preparing for this covid shutdown while others have not.
We actually saw this just today when CPE announced a poor ER --immediately tagged a 'sell' with hedgers dumping the stock.
It's still a crap shoot to be sure, but things are slowly shaking out between the poseurs and playa's....personally I hope they can all weather the storm.
Our country owes a debt of gratitude to the shale boys and gals out there.
We're free of Middle Eastern oil, hope we can stay that way.