The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

CorbLand

WKR
Broke/scarcity mindset. It infects huge portions of the population and they have no idea.
I am a fairly risk adverse individual, at least by my standards and I am amazed at how many people I talk to that are amazed at the amount I have for my age. Makes me shake my head considering the fact that I feel so behind.

Marshfly

WKR
I am a fairly risk adverse individual, at least by my standards and I am amazed at how many people I talk to that are amazed at the amount I have for my age. Makes me shake my head considering the fact that I feel so behind.
People will get so scared of losing a little bit of money but should really be terrified of not having MORE THAN enough later on.

KsRancher

WKR
Who’s bragging about 5%?
My Edward Jones account has me at an estimated 6.8% annual growth over the next 30yrs. And they are pround of it. They REALLY dont like it when tell them that their returns are horrible. I think they are about tired of me calling in there trying to do something different with my money. I just can't believe that I can't have my money where I want

Didn’t realize it until after reading this thread but I’m able to allocate my job’s 401k to the Vanguard 500 Index Admiral as opposed to a lower return super “diversified” portfolio. Went ahead and changed it this afternoon to a 100% allocation.

Back into PR @$15.09 for the umpteenth time, hopefully didnt pull the trigger to premature today
Nice move. Should at least get it to 16-16.5. Hourly charts are still bearish but looking at the daily/weekly we should be good for a pullback there.

Attachments

• 1C0A12E5-42B1-486B-8DDE-B51F350EE92C.png
    1C0A12E5-42B1-486B-8DDE-B51F350EE92C.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 31

David Walter

FNG
Classified Approved
I had 1,000 shares of AMAZON, MSFT and ISRG in the early days, when they were at or around a dollar a share, and sold them all when they remained flat for five years.

I won't make that mistake again.

I'm a NVDA bull and intend to stay so until the Lord closes my accounts.

KsRancher

WKR
Anyone have a decent international fund/stock. I am about to get my Edward Jones account how I want. But they require 20% of my account to be in international funds/stocks. And everything I find I garbage.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Anyone have a decent international fund/stock. I am about to get my Edward Jones account how I want. But they require 20% of my account to be in international funds/stocks. And everything I find I garbage.
Is that common to require a certain % or is that an EJ thing?

If it's an EJ thing, I just might take me money elsewhere.

Good luck,

Eddie

David Walter

FNG
Classified Approved
Maybe go to Morningstar and look for 5 star international funds?

Probably better results than asking a bunch of gun nuts on a shooting forum.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
Any total international fund will do fine. VTIAX or the equivalent is the default. Be sure to check the fees, it should be cheap (<0.2%/year, may be hard to do at EJ).

KsRancher

WKR
Any total international fund will do fine. VTIAX or the equivalent is the default. Be sure to check the fees, it should be cheap (<0.2%/year, may be hard to do at EJ).
Thanks. But that is what I am trying to get away from in my account. The returns on those is miserable.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I would take the Warren Buffett approach to foreign stocks although EJ might not give you a choice.

Good luck,

Eddie

Beendare

WKR
Maybe go to Morningstar and look for 5 star international funds?
Good advice...and instead of a Mutual fund...I would go the ETF route for the tax benefits.

I think I said it earlier, It's easy to look at the diversification in these ETFs...you can look at their " holdings " to see how concentrated or spread out they are.