The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

@cmahoney thanks for posting that. Interesting what’s going on with it.

I’m leaning towards buying some, letting it sit and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just converted some etherium and 2 other crypto’s I’ve had in coinbase for a while to ripple. Locked and loaded!

There’s a lot of news either way on how XRP may move and how the lawsuit will play out. I put in what I’m willing to lose and I plan on taking a very long term position.

Everything is very fishy with this suit and the fact that the SEC chairman resigned yesterday adds to the smell. I feel confident just based off the fact that the people I consider crypto experts told me 3 days ago to buy at 22-24 cents which is the exact place it hit the brakes yesterday and is now in consolidation. Don’t take my word for it, I admit I know nothing and am just a redneck on the internet with an opinion! Do your own research.

Can I assume you are using Coinbase for your crypto exchange?
Yes. Please be advised that with the most recent XRP lawsuit Coinbase could delist XRP. But if it gets that bad I guess the price is likely at 0.....

Bought some HYSR yesterday at .1019 and dumped today at .1188 I'll take it but not much of a penny trader. Still holding my BA positions from 173.44, WM from 98.47 and small position in AAL at 16.59 for a play on stimulus, holiday travel and vaccine which isn't working out as I thought. Dumped all my cruise line stocks for a nice profit. Traded PLUG (31.74-36.20) and MP Materials (31.68-38.28) the last week for some good gains on momentum. Holding 30% cash on sideline for any good pullback with presidential transition/stimulus delay. Merry Christmas Everyone and back at it Monday.

BuckHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Baba may drop further. Ive been looking at buying in as well. With the dispute between the Chinese president and Jack Ma I am holding off for now. If it is settled quickly now may end up having been a great entry point though. That said China may continue to make an axample out of baba

Guys, this was probably covered but what's the easiest way to get into XRP?

I used coinbase. Mainly because I’d already set up an account, and I’d purchased some other coins a while back that I didn’t really have any plans for, so I converted them xrp rather than shuffling funds around to buy xrp.

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
G

Guys, this was probably covered but what's the easiest way to get into XRP?
I got into a dabble of crypto a couple years ago, turned a quick $500 profit and left a few bucks in it, turned that into $100 last week and cashed out.

I would suggest if using Coinbase to do the rewards, I made a few quick bucks just by learning about some various cryptos, then traded those for bitcoin (but you can trade those for whichever crypto floats your boat such as XRP).

Coinbase Rewards

Coinbase Sign-up

cmahoney

WKR
A lot of very smart people who have guided me to make lots of money are buying loads and loads of XRP. Take it FWIW and not on my word, but I’m in with a healthy buy at 0.22.

Also, since everyone seems into IPOs, Coinbase has announced they’re going public in another huge step for digital currency.View attachment 245481

Good call! Thanks for the heads up

Clarktar

WKR
So, you make an account in coinbase then buy XRP like any other stock or crypto? Then sell whenever you want? Do you get cash or just more crypto?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cmahoney

WKR
So, you make an account in coinbase then buy XRP like any other stock or crypto? Then sell whenever you want? Do you get cash or just more crypto?

Works like trading stocks and you can sell for cash.

You can link bank accounts and credit cards to fund/make purchases. There may be small fees associated with cc purchases, I can’t remember. While holding different coins, you can convert coins from one type to another. Like I mentioned earlier I’ve had some etherium and 2 other types of coins just sitting in coinbase for a while with no real plan for them. Today I converted all 3 to xrp and am going to let it ride. So I’ve got almost 3k xrp coins now and I didn’t spend anything (today at least) to get them, just converted coins from one type to another.

When you want to sell your crypto, you sell for USD and can use the $ to buy more crypto or transfer it back to a bank account.

I got into a dabble of crypto a couple years ago, turned a quick $500 profit and left a few bucks in it, turned that into $100 last week and cashed out.

I would suggest if using Coinbase to do the rewards, I made a few quick bucks just by learning about some various cryptos, then traded those for bitcoin (but you can trade those for whichever crypto floats your boat such as XRP).

Coinbase Rewards

Coinbase Sign-up

Thanks for the reminder. Heads up to all, you can get close to 100 xrp worth of other crypto types through the coinbase rewards program. You just watch really short videos and answer questions. Once you’re done you immediately get credited a certain amount of the coin you ‘learned’ about, and then you can convert from that coin to xrp, or whatever coin you want, right then.

You don’t get much in USD worth of these coins you learn about through the program, so converting them to xrp is actually a good way to get some quick while the price is low

Is there a set limit on how many trades a guy can make on Coinbase per week like with a normal investment account?

I don’t honestly know. I found this when I googled ‘coinbase weekly trade limit’:

Although most of the info there has to do with transfers amounts and restrictions. A lot of it seems to be tied to info you enter into your account details. Maybe this will get you started.

Merry Christmas!