The New Leupold Mark 4HD?

JGRaider

WKR
My dude. You are the internet drama queen. You talk on this nonsense, people ask for proof — even offer to pay for proof — and you back out
What part of I'm hunting the next 6 weeks do you not understand? What part of I have nothing to prove to you clowns do you not understand? Finally, what part of I'm happy with my gear right now do you not understand? You're a persistent drama queen I'll give you that much, or dense, or both?

Take a good long peek....it's as close to it as you'll ever get.
QJ8cvoM.jpg

ljalberta

WKR
I'm not arguing that they aren't using a 100yd zero, I'm saying that the results stand regardless of the zero distance. The overarching argument is simply that:

1. Zeroes aren't permanent and unchanging things.
2. If you're given a free chance to check your zero before going on the board in a competition series that you're spending thousands, or tens of thousands, of dollars on each year, that it absolutely makes sense to do so.
3. Thinking that competition shoots have zero say in what scopes are worthwhile because they do #2 above is a ridiculous argument.
Not a single person here has stated that atmospherics have no impact on bullet POI. Of course they do. And if you zeroed at 1,500 yards, then slighter changes would affect that zero. However, when zeroing at 100 yard, the atmospherics required to shift a zero alone are significant. Your zero can stay the same, but your elevation dialed for certain distances will change when temperatures or pressures change. Think of it as moving your zero continually back. If you zeroed at 1 yard, the atmospheric shifts to see a change in zero would be astronomical. At 100 yards they're still significant.

We're talking about a shift that is noticeable in a zero-check at 100 yards.

No one is arguing not to check zero in a comp shoot if you have a chance.

However, if people are adjusting their zeros, the point is that it can also be from a failure in their system in zero retention. It seems you're making up arguments to argue against here.

My dude. You are the internet drama queen. You talk on this nonsense, people ask for proof — even offer to pay for proof — and you back out

Yes.

At 100 yards, the differences in environmental is too small to tease out with a click of the scope — which is what most of us are talking about. But you’re correct, if you zero your rifle at further ranges than environmentals do visibly begin to play out
I'm extrapolating based on just looking at the picture and knowing they used .30cal projectiles but simply looking at the image I posted from that test shows that there would be a substantial change in zero at 100yds, which then grows over distance.

But the primary argument here was that Form dismissed comp shooters findings on scope durability because they zero their scopes before a competition. That is wrong.
Not a single person here has stated that atmospherics have no impact on bullet POI. Of course they do. And if you zeroed at 1,500 yards, then slighter changes would affect that zero. However, when zeroing at 100 yard, the atmospherics required to shift a zero alone are significant. Your zero can stay the same, but your elevation dialed for certain distances will change when temperatures or pressures change. Think of it as moving your zero continually back. If you zeroed at 1 yard, the atmospheric shifts to see a change in zero would be astronomical. At 100 yards they're still significant.

We're talking about a shift that is noticeable in a zero-check at 100 yards.

No one is arguing not to check zero in a comp shoot if you have a change.

However, if people are adjusting their zeros, the point is that it can also be from a failure in their system in zero retention. It seems you're making up arguments to argue against here.
Form did, in support of his argument that comp shooters can't have viable findings on scope durability because they zero their scopes before they use them. That's the whole point of this - their findings being dismissed because they zero their rifles before using them.

Those atmospherics can change a LOT when comp shooters travel to different regions and throughout the year. We're not talking about going to the same range on consecutive days.

I'm not making up anything. I'm saying that comp shooters don't collectively tend to keep using optics that won't survive a match. That is a usable and informative metric for us to use. My point also continues that there are many scopes that would do great in competition and in hunting, yet still fail a drop test when a 8+lb rifle gets dropped from hand height onto a rock.

fwafwow

WKR
What part of I'm hunting the next 6 weeks do you not understand? What part of I have nothing to prove to you clowns do you not understand? Finally, what part of I'm happy with my gear right now do you not understand? You're a persistent drama queen I'll give you that much, or dense, or both?

Take a good long peek....it's as close to it as you'll ever get.
View attachment 659425
What is the word on that giant shawl below the box?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK everybody just stop. Take all side discussions to private message.

If you commented good or bad, it's time to move along plenty of other threads to derail.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
I’ve got zero interest in spending thousands of dollars and waste my time to travel over half way across the country to put an optic through a flawed test that any optic can fail. I could throw my shit on the ground in my yard if I wanted to. Why don’t you do it?

LOL no I didn’t. I promise you I have zero interest in that ugly ass stock that looks like it was drawn on a napkin by someone with autism and inspired by a squatted pickup truck. You don’t see me in that thread talking shit about it though and in fact you don’t see me in that thread at all, so who’s the troll?
You use of autism to make an insulting point is unacceptable…

I just went to Leupold's website to check these out. The housing for the guts on these things is substantially larger than on many of their other models.

Reactions: Duh