The New Leupold Mark 4HD?

HOT ROD

WKR
I had 3 Leupols vx3 30mm tubes side parallax cds and two of them failed to dial when changing loads from different bullets weights 140 to 130 grain... Sold all three and now have 2 swfa 3-9 and one trijicon creedo when I turn the dial bullet impact move to where its suppose to... All these years I thought wondering zero and turning the dial and tapping the scope was normal now we all know better thanks to Form.................

6.5x284

WKR
I have yet to shoot a zero confirmation target before a match at 130*F but if that’s ever the temp at 7am I have to say I’m excited to add .2 mil and get ready for the absolute disaster of a day I’m about to have

I shot a match that was 114 in the shade with a new barrel. Went about as well as you’d expect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I had 3 Leupols vx3 30mm tubes side parallax cds and two of them failed to dial when changing loads from different bullets weights 140 to 130 grain... Sold all three and now have 2 swfa 3-9 and one trijicon creedo when I turn the dial bullet impact move to where its suppose to... All these years I thought wondering zero and turning the dial and tapping the scope was normal now we all know better thanks to Form.................
How dare you. You’re a “parrot”. 😆

Dobermann

WKR
I doubt that the cost:benefit ratio of those offers makes sense. So it goes like, what… that a guy would get a plane ticket paid for to take 4 days off work, pay for their own hotel and transportation to meet strangers who there is a standing disagreement with, to give them their $1,800 scope to beat the crap out of it, just so that other people can harangue the results?

So the guy with the scope ends up being out $800-5,000 in hotel, car and opportunity cost from work/family time and comes home with a bashed up scope, having gained nothing in return but a test that they can do at home?

I don’t think some small cash prize and a plane ticket is going to offset that. It sounds like the perfect marketing tool. It’ll never be used.
Uh ... that's not what's been offered.

One person in this thread offered to test scopes for others, and in in another thread, all expenses paid was on the table (IIRC).

Might be worth looking them up.

TxLite

WKR
Without going back and filtering through 24 pages of measuring contests-

Has their been an estimate of any sort as to when we can start see roksliders throwing these things on the ground like has been done with the Maven? Without getting my hopes up I’d really like to see these do well

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Lost track of this thread 20pages ago. I did just get one today 2.5-10, the moa ffp reticle. I’m an moa guy and in this range probably would’ve preferred sfp. I figure I’m one of the first. I’ve been leery of Leupold based on reports, so we’ll see.

I have to admit for the price, it is very nice and I’m impressed. Just messed with it, have not shot. Very tactile turrets, nice glass. I actually like the reticle more than I thought I would. It’s going on an AR so the low end seems usable, I really like it on 10x. If it is durable, it’s a winner.

gerry35

WKR
Lost track of this thread 20pages ago. I did just get one today 2.5-10, the moa ffp reticle. I’m an moa guy and in this range probably would’ve preferred sfp. I figure I’m one of the first. I’ve been leery of Leupold based on reports, so we’ll see.

I have to admit for the price, it is very nice and I’m impressed. Just messed with it, have not shot. Very tactile turrets, nice glass. I actually like the reticle more than I thought I would. It’s going on an AR so the low end seems usable, I really like it on 10x. If it is durable, it’s a winner.
Please let us know how it goes, thanks.

I am going to probably put the 2.5-10x on the new Howa mini 6mm arc when I put it together
Never had any problems with Leupold but I also get 40% off or I would probably go another direction

TxLite

WKR

Throw it on the ground and let us know. I’m hoping it does well

Any feedback on this yet?

Sorry if it’s already been discussed just fast forwarded to here, with the mk4 having the electronic level, does that technically mean its “illegal” for hunting in utah?

Not sure about UT but it is illegal in ID.
~Update, didnt notice they had a non illuminated/non level model.~

Gotcha, it does say in utahs book that only a illuminated reticle is allowed. Not sure if you’d actually get any grief over it i guess it depends on the officer?🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Any feedback on this yet?
Shot it today. It’s on an AR 223. I really like it. Glass is very good for the price. Shooting to 100yds, no problem not having parallax. Zero stop is easy.

Was out shooting with my NX8. Not fair considering the NX8 was 20x. But would be hard to say which is better for glass, but I’m no trained eye. The MK4HD is very easy to get behind, useable reticle on the low end. So for this type of application (DMR/SPR ish, AR for coyote) it’s great.

Admittedly I’ve gotten away from Leupold recently due to what I’ve read about reliability. I have not had an issue myself. So again, the big caveat here is if this is reliable I love it for the price and would consider other versions. On a big ticket hunt, not so sure, wouldn’t want that concern in the back of my head.

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Any plans to put it in a heavier recoiling gun, do some RTZ testing?
Nah, although I certainly appreciate the guys on here that do those type of things, I don’t really have the time with other things going on. And as long as it works on the one gun I have it on, I’m happy for now.