The Hunting In Europe Thread

Northern Safari

Lil-Rokslider
I did a bit of digging and didn't come across many European hunting threads, especially in recent years. In terms of international hunting destinations I feel like many of us overlook Europe in favour of Africa and Asia.

I'm hoping we can use this thread to provide a comprehensive overview of the various game and hunts available across Europe.

Until recently I had no idea that Spain was such a hunting destination, I'm hoping to discover other examples that provide this same level of hunting diversity.

So to get us started, which areas stand out the most in terms of hunting in Europe? Is it the specific game, the terrain, the culture that makes it so appealing?

What countries have you hunted? Any that you wouldn't recommend? Any issues with obtaining hunting permits or exporting trophies back home?

Which are the most affordable countries to hunt, which are the least affordable?

I'm particularly interested in the game species that aren't native to North America i.e. Mouflon, Ibex, Chamois, Red Stag Eurasian Boar etc.